Air Conditioner

CiviKid

Post Whoralicious
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
anybody know where i can find the air conditioner stuff in the engine area? I need to use this thingthat looks like a tire gauge to check the pressure because im having problems thanks

Eg6xCiViC

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You should be more specific...I hope your not checking it yourself if your not even sure where it is or what its called....Well w. that said its right next to your radiator...so if your in front of your car looking at your motor its to your right side...there should be 1 line going out and another pick up line...those are the two lines that u can check the pressure...it has caps on them like Tire stems so all u do is twist them off put the AC gauge on it and read how many PSI you have:lol:

Team 4R

Dr. DIY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
man, dont touch that s**t........... just take it in to a shop and let them do whatever you need done............ that system is under very high pressure

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well...sure you can do it yourself. go to your local auto parts store (autozone type r) and pic up a can of r-134, and a hose with a gauge, cuz youll wanna know what kinda pressure you got in there. there should be two hoses right next to your radiator, each with a little blue cap on them, one should say H, and the other should be marked L. unscrew the L cap and hook it all up, thats where you would be adding your r-134 into.

Eg6xCiViC

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Rice4Brains
well...sure you can do it yourself. go to your local auto parts store (autozone type r) and pic up a can of r-134, and a hose with a gauge, cuz youll wanna know what kinda pressure you got in there. there should be two hoses right next to your radiator, each with a little blue cap on them, one should say H, and the other should be marked L. unscrew the L cap and hook it all up, thats where you would be adding your r-134 into.
Seeing as he doesnt know that much about AC and that how his car is about 10 years old...I'm sure it still contains the factory R-12 style refigerant....In order for you to add R-134 to your car you need to flush the whole system out of the R-12 system...That means u need to depressurize it and take out the R-12 oil....So dont just go putting in some R134 unless your Certain yours has been converted to R134 already...:lol:

Linguistics

Live Manikins
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
5th gen civics have r-134

if you wanna make sure, there should be a sticker somewhere either on the bottom side of your hood or on the front frame of the engine bay. it should tell you what kind of freon you have and how much your car should have in it

BioHazard the Reaper

PHACM 1B
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
also if your working with r12...its illegeal to do ANYtHING to it unless your certified, i know this becuase mah dad had to get certified for work, your working with freon, which depletes the ozone, you can be fined hella lots, and yes you need special tools to convert to r-134, so i dont recommend doing it yourself, and if ya do, make sure you put the freon in a very hot tub of water whille your putting into system, but my disclaimer is still to not touch it

Eg6xCiViC

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Originally posted by Rice4Brains
5th gen civics have r-134

if you wanna make sure, there should be a sticker somewhere either on the bottom side of your hood or on the front frame of the engine bay. it should tell you what kind of freon you have and how much your car should have in it
Mine has R-12...Since i bought my car 2 years ago i didnt feel to get it serviced so it'll stay like that till i get the time to come around and fix it...my neighbor is a AC man so i dont have a problem getting it done:lol:

CiviKid

Post Whoralicious
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hey guys its been a long time but its getting warmer now and im still having problems, my air conditioner is going in and out, one minute its freezing cold the next its just warm air coming out...any idea how to fix this problem?