AIR/FUEL guage hook up help

Status
Not open for further replies.

4doorcivic16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
doees any one know where the purple wire on the a/r guage gos?

bklynEG

FTW!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
three wires. one power. one ground and one to the signal wire off the o2 sensor.

charles_00Civic

CC'S Longest Running Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
take it to the ecu and hook it up to the purple one there. That's what i did. ecu was bottom left of the car near where your feet go.

sr90civic

5+ Year Member
is the ecu located undearneath the carpet on the passengers floor closer to the fire wall ?

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
charles_00Civic said:
take it to the ecu and hook it up to the purple one there. That's what i did. ecu was bottom left of the car near where your feet go.
one problem with this, you have a 6th gen and he has a 4th gen, so chances are the wires aren't the same.

rickles8099

Faster than you
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the ecu is located under the carpet on the passenger side, where your feet go. if you pull up the carpet, there will be a plate held in place with four nuts. undo the nuts, take the plate out, and there is the ecu.

io_303

NIFOC
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You will get a better signal the closer you are to the O2 sensor, I ran the purple wire out to the O2 sensor and taped the wore just before the disconnect.

I guess signal does not matter you are running a narrow band O2

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
connect the pos to a pos wire(one that comes on when u turn the car on) and the ground to a good chassis ground, and the purple(singnal) wire, what ever color it may be to the O2 wire either @ the ECU plug or "T" into the the wire under the hood, but if you do that be sure to seal it real well.

the color wire at the ECU is white , and its located on the bottom harnnes, the one closest to the floor.

the pic below is the one u need, its C 16 on the harnnes,

hope this helps.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
then move it to under the hood, closer to the sensor. did you get the right wire? its the smallest connector out of the 3 connected to the ECU

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
where the O2 sensor is, splice into the the wire by the sensor itself.

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no problem... since it was solved im closing this thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.