Airbag Light

ayalaflorence

My light for the airbags is on its been on since i bought the car a couple of weeks ago.Can i do something about that,can anything go wrong?THANKS

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Do you have aftermarket seats in the car? Or has it ever been in an accident?

RonJ

Banned
You need to take the car to the dealership to have the SRS codes pulled.

westendhooligan

5+ Year Member
there is a way to remove the light without you having to take your car to a dealership! you will save yourself about $120! i just resently had the same problem and i found out how to reset the (srs) this wont mess with your airbags at all. this is how the honda techs do it! first you will need to make a (SCS) service connector: you can buy a one at any (h and a accesories) witch are about $25, or you can make one yourself. just go to a local junk yard and you'll find one in any early 90s honda models: inside the gear shift consel or by the radio it has two wires only!! i'll post a picture so you know what to look for! when you get one you need to loop both wires together. when you have that ready, you need to locate the (MES) reset plug: for 7th gen hondas its located under the steering wheel, its the yellow plug with 1 green wire and 1black wire! i'll post a picture of that as well. now your ready to take the light off!

1ST- connect the (MES) plug to the (SCS)
2ND- turn ignition on to (ll) then the indicator will turn ON for 6 seconds, then go OFF
3RD- disconnect within 4 seconds, after it turns OFF then it will turn ON again
4TH- reconnect (SCS) to (MES) within 4 seconds, after the light turns ON
5TH- disconnect (SCS) from (MES) within 4 seconds, airbag light will blink TWICE that indicates its clear!
6TH- plug (MES) back in under your streering wheel quick, wait 10 seconds until you turn ignition on to (lll)

it might not work the first time? depending on your timing, it took me 3 times to finaly get it! GOOD LUCK!

this picture shows what the (MES) looks like and its location

[/URL][/IMG]

this picture is how a (SCS) service connector looks like

[/URL][/IMG]

RonJ

Banned
there is a way to remove the light without you having to take your car to a dealership! you will save yourself about $120! i just resently had the same problem and i found out how to reset the (srs) this wont mess with your airbags at all. this is how the honda techs do it! first you will need to make a (SCS) service connector: you can buy a one at any (h and a accesories) witch are about $25, or you can make one yourself. just go to a local junk yard and you'll find one in any early 90s honda models: inside the gear shift consel or by the radio it has two wires only!! i'll post a picture so you know what to look for! when you get one you need to loop both wires together. when you have that ready, you need to locate the (MES) reset plug: for 7th gen hondas its located under the steering wheel, its the yellow plug with 1 green wire and 1black wire! i'll post a picture of that as well. now your ready to take the light off!

1ST- connect the (MES) plug to the (SCS)
2ND- turn ignition on to (ll) then the indicator will turn ON for 6 seconds, then go OFF
3RD- disconnect within 4 seconds, after it turns OFF then it will turn ON again
4TH- reconnect (SCS) to (MES) within 4 seconds, after the light turns ON
5TH- disconnect (SCS) from (MES) within 4 seconds, airbag light will blink TWICE that indicates its clear!
6TH- plug (MES) back in under your streering wheel quick, wait 10 seconds until you turn ignition on to (lll)

it might not work the first time? depending on your timing, it took me 3 times to finaly get it! GOOD LUCK!

this picture shows what the (MES) looks like and its location

[/URL][/IMG]

this picture is how a (SCS) service connector looks like

[/URL][/IMG]
If there is a fault in the SRS system, then the SRS light will turn on again after the system is reset.

westendhooligan

5+ Year Member
Thats True! the only way it will reset the light is if you accidently took off your car seat without disconnecting your battery! it doesnt hurt to try if it comes back on after a couple of mile you should take it to a delearship

soniyajack

The airbag light warning started coming on and off intermittently for the past month. Finally brought it into the dealershiptoday to find out that the whole damn airbag in my driver's side door needs to be replaced due to a faulty sensor. Whatever that means. I haven't been in an accident, nothing has changed with the condition or upkeep on the car, and it has only 35,000 on it. The guy told me as long as the sensor is on, NONE of the airbags will deploy, even if there's an issue with only one airbag.

westendhooligan

5+ Year Member
The airbag light warning started coming on and off intermittently for the past month. Finally brought it into the dealershiptoday to find out that the whole damn airbag in my driver's side door needs to be replaced due to a faulty sensor. Whatever that means. I haven't been in an accident, nothing has changed with the condition or upkeep on the car, and it has only 35,000 on it. The guy told me as long as the sensor is on, NONE of the airbags will deploy, even if there's an issue with only one airbag.
unless your car has airbags in the doors? i dont see why you would have to replace the door? thats true, if your airbag light is on, your airbags wont deploy! even in a accident!

ayalaflorence

I had the same problem in my 96 ACCORD the light went on and stood on and i got in an accident the airbags sure did go off thats why my car is a SALVAGE TITLE almost $2,000 for the 2 airbags.but thanks for the advise