Alarm help

Ion22

5+ Year Member
Ok I was at work (I work at a mall) and I was comming out to get my cd's so I walk out and there is a security car blocking in my car with a cop blocking the back so I was like what is going on. So I walk over to the cop and I was like sir what is going on and he told me to move along. I said sir this is my car and I walk over and open the door and get my paper work and show him. He said well this man was trying to break into your car I was shocked. I was talking to the cop and he said he was trying to get into my car with a slim jim so I told my mom and she said I need to get an alarm does any one know what a good alarm to get is. I was looking at the (Viper 791XV) is that good or no?

Should I also get a Quick Release Kit and if so I have a momo hub and a momo wheel. So what quick release should I get.

Thanks alot

jameson1686

forever a post whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i had that alarm on my civic. it worked great, could start my car from class(even with the stick). just don't do or get a cheap install...if the brain is easy to get to, your car is easier to take...

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Does the Viper Pager alarm have an option to vibrate instead of beep or whatever, so I don't get in trouble in school if the case was that my alarm goes off. It's supposidly "against the rules" to have anything remote to an electronical device that makes noises.

SpeedFiends

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ShinsenTuner said:
Does the Viper Pager alarm have an option to vibrate instead of beep or whatever, so I don't get in trouble in school if the case was that my alarm goes off. It's supposidly "against the rules" to have anything remote to an electronical device that makes noises.
I believe you can change the settings, it's very similar to the Python881xp. It also has a display on the lcd remote, so it will show you what's open. It's a good investment aswell, I'd say a super stealth install but just make sure you get it done right. Also a quick release/lock would work great(wink wink nudge nudge)

Any other questions, let me know :thumbup:

2.0crx

5+ Year Member
The 791xv is a great alarm/remote start system. Some (im guessing most shops) will not install that into a 5spd. If thats the case go with the 5000 (we use a different model number but i think thats the one) thats just an alarm with the 2-way paging remote, and also a regular remote. Also with that unit you can adjust your sensitivity from the remote. Its nice just in case a storm comes in and thunder keeps setting the alarm off, just turn it down so the alarm still works but wont be as sensitive. My place sells this one for $399.99 installed. and the 791xv for $499.99 installed.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
JDMk20A2 said:
I velieve you can change the settings, it's very similar to the Python881xp. It also has a display on the lcd remote, so it will show you what's open. It's a good investment aswell, I'd say a super stealth install but just make sure you get it done right. Also a quick release/lock would work great(wink wink nudge nudge)

Any other questions, let me know :thumbup:
I'm thinking of getting the Viper.. but the thing that makes me worried is this mumble about how sometimes the remote can not work? is this true? I wouldn't want to go to my car, press the unlock button and look like an idiot trying to open the car door. LOL.

SpeedFiends

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ShinsenTuner said:
I'm thinking of getting the Viper.. but the thing that makes me worried is this mumble about how sometimes the remote can not work? is this true? I wouldn't want to go to my car, press the unlock button and look like an idiot trying to open the car door. LOL.
ha ha ha I haven't heard of anything like that, my bro has the 791xv and it's been fine, only time it doesn't work is when the battery is dying