Alarm System Install Help

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
so i won a viper 2-way pager and remote starter alarm in a contest. anyways im trying to save myself around 300 bucks by installing it myself but i'm totally lost as to where i wire into. im aces when it comes to anything mechanical with a car besides electronic aspects unless its as simple as a subwoofer or something. so im looking for some help on what harness' to splice into, what wires do what in the harness, and pretty much how to wire this bad boy up. (please keep stupid comments to yourself, this thread is strictly for help)..

anyways ill make a list of each harness for the alarm and where they need to go. maybe someone can give me some help.

main harness (12 pin connector)
1 (-) 200ma AUX/trunk output
2 (+)12v DC constant output battery
3 (+)Siren Output siren positive wire
4 Parking light isolation wire-pin 87a of onboard relay red/black wire, at fusebox or drivers kick panel
5 (-)chassis ground obviously a ground wire
6 (+)door trigger input light green/red wire, in drivers kick panel
7 (-)trunk pin/ instant trigger input (N/C or N/O)
8 (-) door trigger input (N/C or N/O) not sure, just ground?
9 (-)200ma done light supervision output considering attaching to negative of dome light plug?
10 (-)remote start/turbo timer activation input
11 parking lights output red/black wire, @ fuse box or divers kick panel
12 (-)500ma ground when armed output

door lock, 3 pin connector what do i do since i have manual doors? not use it?
1(-) 500ma unlock output green/red wire, @ 2-pin blue plug behind fusebox
2not used
3 (-)500ma lock output green/white wire, @ 2-pin blue plug behind fusebox

harness #2, 18-pin connector
1 (-) 200ma OEM alarm disarm output not applicable?
2 (-) 200ma aux 4 output not applicable?
3 (-)200ma OEM alarm arm output not applicable?
4 (-)200ma aux 2 output not applicable?
5 (-) 200ma aux 3 output not applicable?
6 (-) 200ma aux 1 output not applicable?
7 (-) deisel wait to start input not applicable?
8 (-) 200ma horn honk output blue/green or blue/red wire, @steering column harness
9 tachometer input blue wire, @ 2-pin plug near dizzy
10 (-) 200ma status output not sure where negative is
11 (-) 200ma flex relay control output
12 (-) 200ma accessory output not sure where negative is
13 (-)200ma starter output not sure where negative is
14 (-) 200ma ignition 1 output not sure where negative is
15 (-) hood pin input (N/C or N/O) wire goes to the hood pin sensor i got?
16 (-) 200ma 2nd status/rear defogger output
17 (+) brake shutdown input green/white wire, @ switch above brake pedal
18 (-) neutral safety input negative of neutral safety switch?

harness #3 10-pin remote start connector
1 (+) ignition 1 input black/yellow wire, ignition switch harness
2 (87) flex relay input (30a fused)
3 (+) accessory output yellow wire, ignition switch harness
4 (+) starter output (car side of starter kill) found a site that says the starter wire is black/white, so that colour on this side of the starter?
5 (+) starter input (key side of starter kill) black/white wire on this side of the starter?
6 ignition 1 input (30a fused) black/yellow wire, ignition switch harness (same as pin 1 on this connector??)
7 (30) flex relay output
8 (87a) flex relay input
9 accessory/starter relay input (30a fused) black/white wire from key side of starter kill?
10 no connection

please help me out. i searched and filled in what i found, but i want to verify it and complete the rest as well

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
someones gotta know some of this, or have a diagram of the harness'?

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I am groggy from a VERY long day and everything is blurry so I can't help too much. I can tell you that there is more than a couple how-tos around the net. I don't remember if it was here or HT but there is a pretty good one out there that walks through a full stealth install.

I have been installing stereo systems for over 15 years as a hobby and 10 of those I did alarms. Unfortunately I was out of the alarm installing game for the last 5 years, so I was a little rusty with mine a couple months ago. I used the how-tos to refresh and did a stealth install no sweat.

I would definitely recommend that you have a mutimeter handy if you don't already. It helped to identify the correct wires even though most of the walkthroughs give you every wire you need. I always like to make sure.

Also, you are correct about not using the door lock circuit. If you don't have power locks the circuit on the alarm is a non issue.

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
Not sure about everything else, but I think the "Brake Shutdown Input" is supposed to be in the E-Brake like Turbo Timers.

Since you have manual door locks, you can go out and buy actuators for the Lock/Unlock rods that go from the Interior Door Locks to the Actual Locking Mechanism.

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I am groggy from a VERY long day and everything is blurry so I can't help too much. I can tell you that there is more than a couple how-tos around the net. I don't remember if it was here or HT but there is a pretty good one out there that walks through a full stealth install.

I have been installing stereo systems for over 15 years as a hobby and 10 of those I did alarms. Unfortunately I was out of the alarm installing game for the last 5 years, so I was a little rusty with mine a couple months ago. I used the how-tos to refresh and did a stealth install no sweat.

I would definitely recommend that you have a mutimeter handy if you don't already. It helped to identify the correct wires even though most of the walkthroughs give you every wire you need. I always like to make sure.

Also, you are correct about not using the door lock circuit. If you don't have power locks the circuit on the alarm is a non issue.
thanks man i'll check out the walk-throughs on h-t, and see what i can find

Not sure about everything else, but I think the "Brake Shutdown Input" is supposed to be in the E-Brake like Turbo Timers.

Since you have manual door locks, you can go out and buy actuators for the Lock/Unlock rods that go from the Interior Door Locks to the Actual Locking Mechanism.
ahh i'll have to search more about this

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i was thinking of eventually just putting in some actuators for door locks and trunk release as seen on this site

anyways got a couple of questions. so i have most of it wired up, got the negative door trigger wired, but not sure what to do with the positive one?

also the (+) siren output goes to the posi wire on the siren correct? then the negative of the siren goes to ground?

what do i do about the "Parking light isolation wire-pin 87a of onboard relay"

and an fyi, i decided to not wire the remote start for safety and legal reasons.

1999stockaccord

Honduh's... LULZ
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No.

Brake Shutdown Input is used as a security measure. On remote starts, it turns the car off if the brake is depressed before the key is in the on position. That way if your car is running, someone can't just come and snag it (of course its only applicable on automatic vehicles that require you to depress the brake to shift from park.)

But what do I know...