AlexM's Build

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Water neck off the head? Also which rad tubing should I be using? The D radiator hoses are too small for the B, yet the B hoses are too big for the D rad.
The water neck off the head. you know the one that the radiator hose comes off of. But if you don't take it off, then you have no worries. You have to use a gsr/Ls radiator tube with a hose clamp on the radiator side since the hose is too big, and for good measure which is what I do so it doesn't leak is put a smear of silicone sealant on the neck from the radiator and smear a small amount on the inside of the hose. Then put on your hose clamp and then put on the hose on the radiator and tighten the clamp. Just don't tighten it up super tight or you'll crack the radiator. I've never tightened one up that tight, but I'm sure you could do it.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Might have to trim the radiator hose a little to fit as well, like maybe an inch or two.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Ok thanks for tips, I got the top tube last time I went to the junkyard, but I'll need to go and get a lower tube. Will DA tubes work?

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You are not going to use used radiator hoses are you. that is a bit too cheap. But use both radiator hoses from a Dc integra, The DA might work, but I would go buy some new Dc ones. You wouldn't want to trust a 18 year old hose. New ones are cheap. But I wouldn't go used radiator hoses, ever. Speaking of that, I need to go buy some unless I can use the lower B on my h22, but doesn't make sense for it to work, but it could.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You are not going to use used radiator hoses are you. that is a bit too cheap. But use both radiator hoses from a Dc integra, The DA might work, but I would go buy some new Dc ones. You wouldn't want to trust a 18 year old hose. New ones are cheap. But I wouldn't go used radiator hoses, ever. Speaking of that, I need to go buy some unless I can use the lower B on my h22, but doesn't make sense for it to work, but it could.
for my h22 in an EG I used a 90-93 accord lower hose. It was on a Fluidyne half size rad. Upper I had part of an Integra LS upper, now its portion of RSX Type S upper. They fit about the same.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Never even thought about using used hoses. I'll go buy some from Lordco or something.

matttitaly8

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you should puddy up thoes holes you dont need in your bay if you want that super sexy spicy sleak shinny slender clean look.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Puddy won't work. You need to tack weld everything. Then sand it down, paint it, etc. It's just too much work for a DD. If I were completely rebuilding a vehicle and had lots of time, I wouldn't think twice about doing that.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I haven't been too productive recently. Been working long hard days and don't feel like working more after. Got my valve cover back today though, don't know if I like it or not. $40 to powder coat and it's pretty similar to just a stock valve cover. I'm going to brush the logo/lettering silver yet.

Flywheel got machined

Clutchmasters fx300 came in

Took off some old stuff, waiting to install new ones

Arp headstuds came in today too, so hopefully this weekend I can replace studs, headgasket, oil pump, water pump, timing belt, new cams, valve cover, tap and install oil pan. But like that will ever happen, that's a huge list.

slowcivic E G

bla bla bla
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good, finally being productive in the motor portion of this project. Good Job.

zach246

2 gsr hatches
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
good progress. you could tuck the harness better a different way. bring them through the firewall into the cabin and put the headlight wires out through the hole for the speakers and run them along the fenders that way. and the engine harness on the passenger side you can drill a hole in the firewall where the charcoal canister is and put the harness inside the cabin

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Don't brush the letters, get the "H" and the honda motor company part machined off instead of painting it.

Ominous G2

ClubIntegra.com
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
with powdercoat he could always use a razor blade... just be careful.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
good progress. you could tuck the harness better a different way. bring them through the firewall into the cabin and put the headlight wires out through the hole for the speakers and run them along the fenders that way. and the engine harness on the passenger side you can drill a hole in the firewall where the charcoal canister is and put the harness inside the cabin
I know I'm a retard, I just realized that after I tucked it. Oh well, it's good enough, I guess.

Yeah that's a good idea to get it machined, but I think I'll try to just brush on silver paint and see how that looks. Maybe even an electric sander or grinder that I have may work, but I really don't want to mess up the paint job.

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
you could tape up around it and use about 400 grit sandpaper and then shine it up with a higher grit paper.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I'm just afraid of if I sand it, some of the paint from the side of the lettering will come with it, might catch and take off a chunk of you know what I mean.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I just used some 400 grit with my hand. Worked pretty well, and it's almost like a brushed nickel look, which I think is cool. I'll have pictures up later perhaps.