Alex's Hatch (Die 56k)

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yesterday I took a drive to pick up my first car, a 1993 honda civic hatchback si. I bought it from the happiest guy i've ever seen, some chill asian guy, who was the original owner of the car and always had it garaged. He was so happy to sell it to someone like me, that he took a picture of me beside that car:lol: it was funny. It's got 275 kilometers on it right now, but runs very smooth. Inside the car its very quiet, suspension is tight, and everything is just excellent condition. So enough with the words, heres a bunch of pictures...

Buckn8ked

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Wow that is one clean ride

rei

jSolo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
clean for its age.. nice..

Destroy

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Those aren't easy to come by, nice find.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you guys are pretty damn fast and replying:lol: thanks for the comments

Genuine Rolla

Its PETEY PETE, y0!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wow bro...you have one incredibly clean slate to work off of......

that hatch has tons of potential.

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i want to keep this thing clean, so i only have minor plans in mind. im to lazy to spend money on rims, so im gonna just stay with steelies, maybe in spring i'll get some ls meshies or something, probably paint them gold if i do. anyways, i want to lower the car a bit, paint the side shopping cart bumper thingy white. possibly a motor swap too down the road. i took out the rear seats and carpet just for run, i think it looks super clean, dont know if im keeping them out or putting them back in though.

so a couple questions for your pros...

1. whats your opinion on bronze/gold powdercoated ls mesh rims?

2. can i cut the springs to lower it, or will i then need new shocks? (my first car so please dont flame)

3. anyone know of good ways to paint the side bumpers, i was thinking spraypaint, but i dont know if i could get it nice and glossy. maybe they make fiberglass ones that i can put on instead?

4. same deal as the side bumpers, but for the sideskirts, are they paintable, etc?

5. are there something wrong with these? http://cgi.ebay.ca/92-95-HONDA-CIVIC-2-3DR-JDM-AMBER-SIGNAL-CORNER-LIGHTS_W0QQitemZ160156978111QQihZ006QQcategoryZ33708QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem i want the ones everyone else gets, no cheapos, but is this what everyone gets? 10 bucks, seems weird.

thanks dudes

zach246

2 gsr hatches
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you lucky son of a b***h, im so jealous. exactly the car i want 92/93 si white ext/black int
how much did u pay

chow

Its hard to convert KMH
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
wow nice, im jealous, i wish mine came Si. :(

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i want to keep this thing clean, so i only have minor plans in mind. im to lazy to spend money on rims, so im gonna just stay with steelies, maybe in spring i'll get some ls meshies or something, probably paint them gold if i do. anyways, i want to lower the car a bit, paint the side shopping cart bumper thingy white. possibly a motor swap too down the road. i took out the rear seats and carpet just for run, i think it looks super clean, dont know if im keeping them out or putting them back in though.

so a couple questions for your pros...

1. whats your opinion on bronze/gold powdercoated ls mesh rims?

2. can i cut the springs to lower it, or will i then need new shocks? (my first car so please dont flame)

3. anyone know of good ways to paint the side bumpers, i was thinking spraypaint, but i dont know if i could get it nice and glossy. maybe they make fiberglass ones that i can put on instead?

4. same deal as the side bumpers, but for the sideskirts, are they paintable, etc?

5. are there something wrong with these? http://cgi.ebay.ca/92-95-HONDA-CIVIC-2-3DR-JDM-AMBER-SIGNAL-CORNER-LIGHTS_W0QQitemZ160156978111QQihZ006QQcategoryZ33708QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem i want the ones everyone else gets, no cheapos, but is this what everyone gets? 10 bucks, seems weird.

thanks dudes
if any of you got any answers to these questions, i would love to know:lol:

SiGSR

yeaaaay.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
NO, don't do it. Springs can be bought for cheaply. If u just want a decent drop without getting aftermarket shocks, then look for Tein S-techs.

BTW, did the car come with the rear stripped out?

falcon

uber noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
haha, i doubt he stripped it after only a day of owning it... if so then he must work fast!

AlexM

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
NO, don't do it. Springs can be bought for cheaply. If u just want a decent drop without getting aftermarket shocks, then look for Tein S-techs.

BTW, did the car come with the rear stripped out?
ok i'll look into them, and no, my car came full interior, the rear is sitting in my garage

haha, i doubt he stripped it after only a day of owning it... if so then he must work fast!
i dont know if you know eh/eg hatches that well, but the rear is easily stripped. the carpet is attached to the seats and the carpet is not stapled down, just velcro'd in my case. All i had to do was take one bolt out in the middle back of the seats, take out the side spacers, and slide them left and right and the pop out, with the carpet and all.

I don't really work that fast, but i was working on the car from 10-7, stripping it, cleaning the rear interior metal, soap scrubbing all interior panels, then spraying them with maguires, then soaping carpet and seats, degreased and pressure washed the engine bay, including underside of hood. then i had to take off all wheels to take off hubcaps, and then i took off all mudguards at same time. i dont want to sound cocky like "im so cool i work fast" haha, so dont take this the wrong way, its just for your information.