all motor setup

jdmallen97

Mad Jdm y0
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
alright im planning on building my jdm b18c1 i have and going all motor. this is the setup i want to do:

head- 5 angle valve job, decked, ferra valves, str cam gears, crower cams stage 2 cams, buddy club valves and retainers, and IL4 valve guides

block- ls crank, ge sleeves, 86 mm ross pistons, crower rods

bolt ons- an-r header, blox intake manifold, whale penis intake, rsr exmag exhaust

wat do u guys think?

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
18 and you have that kinda cash? must be nice...

as for the build... its an all motor b18... nothin really that special.if ya wanna go crazy, get a k series.

vandynamics

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ive wasted so much money on all motor, boost has shown me the light over time.

crx2003

vtec man
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You must have a good paying job at 18 to build that! It sounds good but very expensive, why not sale the gsr and buy a b18c5. I to thought about building a b18c1, very good motor man. I have priced everything on my build sheet that is for the most part like yours and I decided that I was better off buying the type r and very mildly building it ( maybe just bolt ons and some tuning). After all it is a great engine and at my goal of 200 whp it wouldn't be that hard to reach. B18c5 all the way! There is a plus to the b18c5, when you order the complete swap you will have the c5 trans with Lsd. (Good trans for an allmotor app.) Also you can get a complete swap for 4 grand! Instead of 6 grand ( that is also including the price of a b18c1) that it was going to cost me to build the b18c1 myself.

Well it is what ever makes you happy!

Just keep us posted either way.

Kris

watisjdm

Clit Commander
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
crx2003 said:
You must have a good paying job at 18 to build that! It sounds good but very expensive, why not sale the gsr and buy a b18c5. I to thought about building a b18c1, very good motor man. I have priced everything on my build sheet that is for the most part like yours and I decided that I was better off buying the type r and very mildly building it ( maybe just bolt ons and some tuning). After all it is a great engine and at my goal of 200 whp it wouldn't be that hard to reach. B18c5 all the way! There is a plus to the b18c5, when you order the complete swap you will have the c5 trans with Lsd. (Good trans for an allmotor app.) Also you can get a complete swap for 4 grand! Instead of 6 grand ( that is also including the price of a b18c1) that it was going to cost me to build the b18c1 myself.

Kris
+1

bcivichb

Driving South
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds good, hope you have some credit for youre loan.....

420GREEN

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
AAAaaaahh YeeEEHHH, And I want to hear it rev to 10grand.........make sure you have the right people tune it when its complete and you will have one badass machine..........

jdmallen97

Mad Jdm y0
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ya im only 18, ive payed for the motor, my suspension setup and brakes. also the all motor setup i listed is expensive but i no someone who bores blocks and ports heads and he said he do it for me for free. and most of the parts i can get through him really cheap.

crx2003

vtec man
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sounds like a hell of a deal! Well keep on that build and keep us posted!
Kris

jdmallen97

Mad Jdm y0
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well i want to start workin on my motor after i buy a few more suspension parts so in about a month or 2 ill bein workin on my motor

Tru Ek9

5+ Year Member
Not Bad

Not a bad setup. Alot of money. All motor is nice but nothing like boost. lol. Go B18C With N3E Tranny w/lsd. compression 11.1:1. Nice Too build as well. but where i am. b18c1 or b16's dont do well. but jdm itr does alright almotor

12.8:1 Ls/vtec

IT'S OVER NINE THOUSAND!!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
You know, a stock motor with rods, pistons and cams will highly over shoot your power goals with a MILD turbo setup, but I am an all motor kinda guy. I've had 3 different all motor setups in one car alone, so I understand, but in your case, I'd just go a simple turbo route.

HP Civic 2

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Kris
Or...

Just mildly build the GSR motor. If I'm reading correctly, he already has the motor. Why go through the hassle of selling/buying another when he can make the same power with ITR pistons and cams.

Your setup seems like overkill for your goals anyway. Don't let these fools talk you out of all motor. You can make good power and there is no better feeling than beating up on boosted cars.

Bruckhoff_34

Built not baught
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Not a bad setup. Alot of money. All motor is nice but nothing like boost. lol. Go B18C With N3E Tranny w/lsd. compression 11.1:1. Nice Too build as well. but where i am. b18c1 or b16's dont do well. but jdm itr does alright almotor
dude this thread is old as s**t.... why bring back a thread this old. im sure the guy has made hid mind up by now.