all seasons tires

johnc

5+ Year Member
Happy new year!

I have a 1990 civic Si hatchback. The stock tire size is 185 60R 14. I wanted to get Goodyear Assurance Triple Tred because of the reviews for snow/wet but could still be excellent in all seasons. This size is not available. The Michelin Hydroedge is also highly recommended but only comes as small as 185 65R 14. Any suggestions for tire which would fit my car and provide the qualities in all seasons like the two mentioned brands? If I went to 15 inch rims, would that afford me more choice?

Johnc

White90EF

===SwAp DeEz===
5+ Year Member
those will fit i belive the 185 is just the width and that is what you already have, the sec# is just the road rating then of course the size

(EDIT)
The numbers in the tire size refer to its width, aspect ratio, and wheel diameter. "205/55R16" means the tire is 205 mm wide, has an aspect ratio (that is, the width divided by the height) of 55%, and fits on a 16" rim.

"R" means radial tire. They're all radials nowadays. Speed ratings are usually inserted before the "R." The most common speed ratings are HR (good for 130mph), VR (149 mph), and ZR (more than 149 mph).