Almost Stolen: Saved by x-girlfriend

papichulo26

So i have a 94 civic sedan ex and i was talking to my x, and she told me she knows some people who steal cars for a living. And the punk tells me that the guys were traing to jack my car, but when they showed her a pic of the car they was goin to take she told them no. So my point is always be on a good page with your x's because they might save your ass later on. Still pist at her she tells me about this a month after it almost got stolen. Now i want to ask a question is if im paying good money for my insurance do they pay me money if my car gets stolen cause dang cant trust people now days.

ekracer_83

hardcore rice
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
eventually they will.

Deezy

silent partner
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
What kind of coverage do you have???

papichulo26

alstatethey have 4 different one im on the 3rd one wich is like platnum or something like that all i know is that im under full coverage

Wax Hands

Smell my finger
Registered VIP
You will get reimbursed or the bank will get cut a check for what the car is worth at the time the car is stolen. If you owe less than what it is valued at your bank will cut you a check for the difference. Afterwards you present all your receipts of your parts to your insurance company.

What follows is huge disappointment because the insurance company will then dramatically depreciate the value of your parts from the time your purchased them. So if you paid (for example) $650 for that Titanium exhaust a year ago they might give you $125 due to depreciation. However in the end at least you get something.

Another reason to hang on to those receipts. Also if you have RARE parts if you can prove that they are hard to come by it will increase their value over what you paid in turn getting you more back over depreciation value.

DaOne

I think its time you change the way they do things "for a living"
and put them in a happy place lol. then you wont have to worry abut them stealing your car. lol

lethal6

Your Mom's Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Instead of asking random people on a forum, I would suggest you ask your insurance company. They would be better equipped to tell you what your coverage is than any of us would.

For example: I am on full coverage but am NOT reimbursed if my car is stolen off property. If it is at home or in my warehouse (or on my warehouse property) my renter's insurance covers it. It is TOTALLY separate than my actual car insurance. I opted out because I rarely drive it so it is locked in the garage and it wasn't worth the added extra expense for something that I drive once or twice a month.

papichulo26

she actually showed me the text that they sent her and i wasent even at my house i was watching my friends house and if i find out who it is ima take them out right there

papichulo26

Lethal you right man but here in florida they are strick sence everyones cars are getting stolen and planned accidents so i wanted to ask around first then after i got a ruff idea i was going to go to my agent

Robin...

D-Series Soldier
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You got lucky man, good thing you guys still talk...

papichulo26

Yea the only thing that pist the hell out of me whas that she told me a month later
but I guess if it guess stolen Ima know by who so Ima be able to get my car back

j0keefe21

5+ Year Member
i say you try to catch them in the act and get a known car theif off the streets. i live in orlando and car theft is crazy out here. cant even take your car out to the meets.

RonJ

Banned
...she told me she knows some people who steal cars for a living. And the punk tells me that the guys were traing to jack my car, but when they showed her a pic of the car they was goin to take she told them no.
I understand that this is a sticky and complicated situation, but my first inclination is to tell you to contact the authorities and cooperate with them to get those car thieves off the streets. My 2 cents.

(Thread moved to Off Topic section because it has no tech related question)

Last edited:

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
- get 'The Club' for your steering wheel and 'The Club Brake Lock' for your pedals.
I had to take a class out in Trenton (rough city) this past semester. First night my dad says to me "why dont you take my club with you." So Im thinking to myself......take a club with me....to beat people with?

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the best advice i can offer is this..

firefox has a really nice built in spell check feature.. it will help you make clear legible posts.. this will allow others to read your posts without difficulty, thus increasing your chance of getting a useful answer..

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I had to take a class out in Trenton (rough city) this past semester. First night my dad says to me "why dont you take my club with you." So Im thinking to myself......take a club with me....to beat people with?
you will need more than a club in Trenton..

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Yea I know right? But luckily the parking lot was literally 20 feet from where the building was. So glad I lived through that semester.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You will get reimbursed or the bank will get cut a check for what the car is worth at the time the car is stolen. If you owe less than what it is valued at your bank will cut you a check for the difference. Afterwards you present all your receipts of your parts to your insurance company.

What follows is huge disappointment because the insurance company will then dramatically depreciate the value of your parts from the time your purchased them. So if you paid (for example) $650 for that Titanium exhaust a year ago they might give you $125 due to depreciation. However in the end at least you get something.

Another reason to hang on to those receipts. Also if you have RARE parts if you can prove that they are hard to come by it will increase their value over what you paid in turn getting you more back over depreciation value.
None of this applies to insurance companies, unless you get your vehicle appraised to a higher value, which also means your insurance is going to charge you more money monthly.