Alpine Speakers=SWEET!

VolcomMag

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok.....well i just bought the alpine type-s 6x9's and 6 1/2's. They are by far the clearest and best all around speakers i have ever heard. Ill soon be getting the alpine type R 12'sub to go along with them. I recommend to anybody looking at speakers to check out the alpines.......well worth it!

92civic

Spunky
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yeah i got the typeS 6 1/2 in my car too, they are really nice, planning to go with some alpine in the front too, not sure if the 6 1/2 would fit, but the 5 1/4 would not sure if it would improve it goin from a 6 1/2 pioneer to a 5 1/4alpine, but good buy i love those speakers too

giza556

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
get some component speakers(Diamond, alpine, JL) for the front with an amp......those willl be CRYSTAL clear

RuSKi

5+ Year Member
If you think they're clear.....trying listening to the Alpine DD Linears. I got a set of DD Linear 6 1/2" with a V12 Amp & Crossfire sub, very impressive set with great clarity. Noticebly better than the Type-R/S's when i compared them!

Try checking out the Crossfire subs if u can find them. I was gonna get the Type R 12" sub, but opted for the Crossfire P1 12" instead, its pretty close price wise and is a competition sub, superior to the Type Rs!

VolcomMag

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Im not worried about competition really.....im still gonna get the Type R because it deliver's the amount of bass i need without going crazy.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
VolcomMag said:
ok.....well i just bought the alpine type-s 6x9's and 6 1/2's. They are by far the clearest and best all around speakers i have ever heard. Ill soon be getting the alpine type R 12'sub to go along with them. I recommend to anybody looking at speakers to check out the alpines.......well worth it!
You must not have listened to many other speakers.. Alpine is middle of the road these days. They are more know for their electronics (head units) than anything.

Any comprable Audiobahn speakers will blows those away..... =)

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
MySiIzFaster said:
You must not have listened to many other speakers.. Alpine is middle of the road these days. They are more know for their electronics (head units) than anything.

Any comprable Audiobahn speakers will blows those away..... =)
Damn, my friend had 2 10" audiobahns in a bandpass box.. they sound so f**king good. I would mind having them & they dont wiegh much

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
agreed. I just put my type-S 6x9s in my car.
I might do what my buddy did and get type-Xs for the front.

dracing

Banned
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I like alpine but haven't heard the quality of the type-s speakers yet. I'm thinkin about goin rockford fosgate with my setup, or polk speakers with rockford subs.

Zak8022

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
andrew.. i want to hear your speakers! and see the damn car!

when's teh move date? i want to see you agian before you head out.

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
We intalled two pairs of 6 1/2 component Alpine type X in a jetta the other day. Very impressed of the midrange capability. Almost like a sub in all four doors. As for the highs..... my Keenwood components sounded better. But still ver nice sounding.

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
loccusst said:
Very impressed of the midrange capability. Almost like a sub in all four doors. As for the highs.....
Umm imdrange and subs operate in different frequencies sir......:what:

loccusst

Experienced Noob
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I know..that's why I said almost like there were. There was plenty of bass coming from the speakers. The type x can go pretty low, not sure what the range is on them, but they were easily dipping into the low frequincies.