alpine system

dzxkrg426

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sup guys im tryin to get subs and an amp and i was gunan get these jl audios but i found these alpines.. i dont knoe much about the systems but i want to knoe if this is good in a civic si 2005.... (1 sub) alpine SWS-1242D MRPM350 Amp... i want to know if thas a good combo.. thanks or any other recommedations...

Trey99EK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That amp is plenty to power that sub. It is a nice sub, but if you wanna up the bass I would get a 12" type r and alpines 500w mono amp. Either way will be good.

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it will work, just not to its full potential. And if you try to drive it too hard on that amp you will damge the sub

dzxkrg426

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
any of you guys noe the model number to the amp needed for the type r sub?

eg6_310

5+ Year Member
snoopy316 said:
MRD-M605 is the amp you need
I kno this is off topic... but Snoopy... do you know if any manufacturer has come up with a kit for the EVO? Currently, there's a DIN opening for the stereo and the HVAC controls right underneath. Then below the dash is another DIN opening where the stock gauges sit. In the Japanese market EVOs, there's a double DIN opening and the HVAC controls are situated where the gauges in the US EVOs are located. Thanks in advance.

dzxkrg426

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
thanks man and i wanna noe if u can bypass the pioneer avh p5700dvd indash dvd player

cujo613

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I dont know about the kit. Thats the least of your worries. Anything can be customized to fit. Your wire harness is the must and I beleive there is one available at the moment made by peripheal

dj_audio

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yeah, definately go with the 12" alpine type R. it slaps really well in civics. a friend lemme borrow his for a lil bit, and damn, im about to buy it off him. It slaps real well w/ smooth bass, and it doesnt rattle your entire trunk. Alpine all the way man, definately one of the top companies. match that sub w/ a real good alpine HU and you got a massive system.