Altenator advice for 98 4dr civic lx

da2005pizimp

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey all i'm getting ready to try and install an alternator in my 1998 civic LX (4dr). Does anyone have any words of wisdom. Any good tips? Any "surprises" that i should know? any help is greatly appreciated.

FRODO

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Have pleanty of time set aside...for some reason when i do altenator something else always happenes. And bloody knuckles are almost unavoidable.

manu

5+ Year Member
manuals say that you have to take out your axel to get it out but it is possible to get the alternator out without taking the axel out ....it takes a long time though either way...

CivicEX13

CC's Valve Cover Guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the easy wany to get mine off was i took it out through the top i just unbolted my brake master cylinder from the booster and moved it out of the way...it took a little work to get it out but it fits

xxsenceo89x

aka superman
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
dont pull the power steering hoses off. itll get on the belts and sqweek like s**t. watch knuckles. dont strip bolts. 14mm or 12mm ac tensionor bolt sucks. DISCONNECT BATTERY!(i learned the hard way)

racing_kid

take that sucka!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
CivicEX13 said:
the easy wany to get mine off was i took it out through the top i just unbolted my brake master cylinder from the booster and moved it out of the way...it took a little work to get it out but it fits

i know this is a bit old but how long did that take you?