Amber tails to Red Tails

ssmith97dx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Well, tried the red vinyl tape trick on my stock tail lights. I used the stuff you can buy on eBay. Let me know what you think?

x007den

New User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i just spray painted mine. i like how it came out just that the two reds don't match perfectly

ssmith97dx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I'll tell you what, for the price I payed for the vinyl, I think it was well worth it. Better than spending a couple of hundred :lol:

6sic6

Nt brn w/enuf midl fngrs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
ssmith97dx said:
I'll tell you what, for the price I payed for the vinyl, I think it was well worth it. Better than spending a couple of hundred :lol:
You've definitely got a good point there. If I'd spotted your car driving down the road I wouldn't have been able to tell it was vinyl. Looks good, a lot better than the amber. 8)

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
That's not bad! I would've air bubbled the SOB...

ssmith97dx

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Key ingredient: Hair Dryer!! Makes all the difference in getting it tight and smooth.

Akiahara96

back!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I would have cleared them, personally...

but I can't tell it's vinyl.

anekin007

Unregistered User
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks good. i use the vinyls also. its very cheap and it could be removed. i did mines red and smoke. i still got a couple of red vinyl left that i need to try.

dipset891

whats really good?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
looks nice i wouldve clear the bottom instead of red

Jake98Civ

Black Civic EX
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You cant clear the amber out of the bottom only cover it up.... you have to buy new tails to get the red on top clear on bottom look... i painted my tails like his... i think they look nice... different anyway....

quikshift

HIT IT WITH A STUPID STIK
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
before i got my car the owner tried to spray over them so now they just lok like s**t, I think I might just get some thinner and paint them with transluecent paint. I heard that you can do that