AMP install: Where drill holes?

95 Civic_ex

where car i drill a hole on the firewall of a 95 honda civic ex (2dr.) to run the power cord from the battery to the amp. the battery is on the passenger side of the car. so is their any place on the driver side or the passenger side where it would be safe to drill a hole. show pic if not asking to much. :???:

Rocky91890

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Well when I ran mine for my 92 civic there was a few rubber things in the fire wall that you can just pop out and run the wire through

lotz6996

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
such as the harness on the drivers side of the firewall. thats where i ran mine through

civicSIcoupe

All Day, Every Day
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you can do it on either side like said. also remember to run the rms wire and the power wire to the amp on opposite sides of your car.

Indy_Civic

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
there should be a rubber grommet just next to the battery. It was hard for
me to see it until I took the battery out then I felt like an idiot.

No drilling required but I recommend using a coat hanger to snake it through to the glove compartment.

helofast

5+ Year Member
im having the same problem, can someone show me a pic of where they put it through? i tried that hole before this post from firewall to interior and vice versa but i could just not get it to the other side.

2NRSTV

Team Exile/ADO Garage
Registered VIP
Stick a really long screwdriver through the grommet on the passenger side of the firewall. Make sure the Screwdriver is pointing down. Go into the passenger side and find the end of the screwdriver. Wrap the wire around it a couple times and tape it with electrical tape or duct tape to hold it on the end (I would use duct tape because the grommet is pretty tight and the wire might fall off when pulling it through). Grab the screwdriver handle and pull it through to the other side.