Amy Winehouse dead

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I'm sorry if this ends up offending somebody......but if anyone ever feels a "connection" to someone they do not personally know, they need a reality check. If the other person doesn't even know you exist, then there's something with actually feeling a "connection" to them. Let's try to grow up here.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I'm sorry if this ends up offending somebody......but if anyone ever feels a "connection" to someone they do not personally know, they need a reality check. If the other person doesn't even know you exist, then there's something with actually feeling a "connection" to them. Let's try to grow up here.
Talk about growing up, you're the one trying to make people believe what you believe :lol:

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
It's not that, it's trying to point out the inconsistencies. I'm sorry, but both Ryan Dunn and Amy Winehouse had destructive hobbies and lifestyles. Also, nobody on this site personally knew either one of them. Neither one provided anything that's actually "useful" to society. Yes, some say that Ryan Dunn was more entertaining.....but entertainment is highly opinionated. Many people will say that Amy Winehouse was more entertaining to Ryan Dunn....however neither provided anything positive to society other than a couple laughs, which can be found ANYWHERE. To mourn the death of one, and not the other, is extremely hypocritical.

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dam she was only 27 years old she looked 47 but its unfortunate what drugs do to people atleast she tried to help herself with rehab a couple times.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
lol It has nothing to do with growing up.
So you think that feeling a personal connection with someone who doesn't even know you exist, who you know nothing about, is a completely mature and grown-up thing to feel?

You guys know that stalkers have similar thoughts. They feel as if the person they are stalking is asking them to do it, and wants to be followed. They also feel a connection to the person they are following, even though that person may not even know they exist. I'm sorry to make that comparison, but it's true. Not calling any of you stalkers, just saying that the mindset is eerily similar.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Just to test the logic of swag/jolly lets make a hypothetical situation. You are both 20 years old. You have never met your mother. A women walks up to you. You do not know this women. I shoot this women in the head. Before she dies she tells you that she is your mother. Do you mourn her?

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Just to test the logic of swag/jolly lets make a hypothetical situation. You are both 20 years old. You have never met your mother. A women walks up to you. You do not know this women. I shoot this women in the head. Before she dies she tells you that she is your mother. Do you mourn her?
This is very different for many reasons:
1) She is actually related to you.
2) Who knows why "you never met" her.
3) You actually witness the death of this woman right in front of you.
4) Some random woman, bleeding out of her head, tells you that she is your mother.

This story comes nowhere even close to either of our points.

The point of it all is that Ryan Dunn provided happiness to WalkingComplex. No one will duplicate the humor Dunn brought him because it was unique and quite simply he does not have a clone with a same personality. No longer will WalkingComplex hear the same jokes/see the same stunts from the same person that he liked. This makes him sad. Therefore, mourning takes place. End of story.

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's just interesting that you dance around a straight forward question. It is a logic test not a complex equation. It is a question to see if you would make the same choice in a situation where the person is another random stranger. I think what it comes down to for swag is that if you have a positive connection with swag in life he will feel bad when bad things happen to you. Conversely, if swag doesn't have a connection to a person or the person is not favored in swags eyes your death means nothing and swag could care less.

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It's just interesting that you dance around a straight forward question. It is a logic test not a complex equation. It is a question to see if you would make the same choice in a situation where the person is another random stranger. I think what it comes down to for swag is that if you have a positive connection with swag in life he will feel bad when bad things happen to you. Conversely, if swag doesn't have a connection to a person or the person is not favored in swags eyes your death means nothing and swag could care less.
Not at all. You are making this into something that it is not. To start, I was speaking for WalkingComplex who was called a hypocrite for mourning the death of someone over someone else, even though he knew neither. The words someone expresses are not always the views of said person, so don't make that assumption. Just because I spoke on his behalf, does not mean that any of this had to do with me. But I understand what he was thinking and it does make sense why he felt that way.

Personally, all 3 deaths (including your radical scenario), I would/do feel bad for their families and people in their lives. Do I mourn their death? No. Because they simply had nothing to do with my life.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
I don't think that I would mourn her death, because I didn't know her. However, I would be saddened that I never got to know her, even though I came so close.
The point of it all is that Ryan Dunn provided happiness to WalkingComplex. No one will duplicate the humor Dunn brought him because it was unique and quite simply he does not have a clone with a same personality. No longer will WalkingComplex hear the same jokes/see the same stunts from the same person that he liked. This makes him sad. Therefore, mourning takes place. End of story.
And my point is that if Walking Complex feels SUCH a connection to someone he does not know, that sounds like a bit of a maturity issue. Then again we're talking about a kid who endlessly defended driving while he was under the influence of a drug, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised if he's showing other immature tendencies.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
I can't believe this debate is still going on... Most pointless ever IMO. If someone wants to say they are mourning the death of someone, do you really have to argue against it or try to reason it?

Either way, a lost life is sad. But I didn't know her so :what:.

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
If someone wants to say they are mourning the death of someone, do you really have to argue against it or try to reason it?
People still aren't getting it :smackself:

I'm pointing out the hypocrisy in mourning the death of one person they did not know, who met their demise due to their lifestyle.....and not caring about the death of another person they did not know, who met their demise due to their lifestyle. Looks like I'm just wasting my breath here, I give up.

antie22

i
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
And my point is that if Walking Complex feels SUCH a connection to someone he does not know, that sounds like a bit of a maturity issue. Then again we're talking about a kid who endlessly defended driving while he was under the influence of a drug, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised if he's showing other immature tendencies.
^^^^:rolf:

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
People still aren't getting it :
wtf do you expect? you think everyone out there is you?

people have their own reason for their own decisions in life.

lol@ 'reality check'

XpL0d3r

I had a Civic once.
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's simple.. everyone's feelings and emotions are different. Some people will sympathize and mourn for certain people who have passed; others will not.

Debating this isn't really a debate at all IMO.

ej_swag

Häagen-Dazs
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wtf do you expect? you think everyone out there is you?

people have their own reason for their own decisions in life.
It's simple.. everyone's feelings and emotions are different. Some people will sympathize and mourn for certain people who have passed; others will not.
:word:

Then again we're talking about a kid who endlessly defended driving while he was under the influence of a drug, so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised if he's showing other immature tendencies.