...and another one bites the dust.

knotapunk

5+ Year Member
Had to say goodbye to my car today. Getting towed to the scrappers tomorrow... '93 DX hatch with b16. f**kers won't even let me pull out the engine and salvage what I can...don't mind the rusty panel, that was going to be fixed in the spring. Click for pics...

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/knotapunk

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
uh why is gettin scrapped? its just a dented quarterpanel

knotapunk

5+ Year Member
uh why is gettin scrapped? its just a dented quarterpanel
Well, to insurance in Canada, if it's gonna cost more to fix then settle and scrap, they do that instead. They offered me 1000 for it. :shock:

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
wtf, i wouldnt claim it, and just keep it and fix it, no need to scrap it, hell thats just one less in the world

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
damn thats what totaled my first hatch, a f**king suburban, witha brush guard, my car got owned

knotapunk

5+ Year Member
ah well, I've got another one lined up....red one for 250. can't say no. Just need it for the winter really.

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
no no, no racing or drifting. it was a getting t-boned by a big Suburban after she ran a red light. That's right, a her in a suburban...
Sorry. It was a joke, but not directed at you.

Sucks about your car man. Hope nobody got hurt.

Dakota

Canuck Civic driver
5+ Year Member
Had to say goodbye to my car today. Getting towed to the scrappers tomorrow... '93 DX hatch with b16. f**kers won't even let me pull out the engine and salvage what I can...don't mind the rusty panel, that was going to be fixed in the spring. Click for pics...

http://profile.imageshack.us/user/knotapunk
You can usually buy the car back from the insurance company for what they will sell it for scrap .

knotapunk

5+ Year Member
Not my company. Economical in Ontario is no fault which means whatever they say your car is worth is your settlement. Believe me, I've tried...told them I'd bring the car back without the engine, but one that still runs so they get full value of the scrap. He's gonna get back to me tomorrow to let me know the verdict. Had just put steelies on it with brand new winter tread on it 2 days before the smashy smash. f**king Suburbans and anything bigger than hatchbacks!

Raabe

Hell yea I suck toes!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member

knotapunk

5+ Year Member
You're telling me. That car was my baby, besides my SiR, but god damn! Talk about reliability...great in the snow, cheap ass gas....good thing I found another one, but what I would do to keep that engine / exhaust / tires and rims...

In all honesty, I would not wish an accident on my worst enemy!

dookiehatch

5+ Year Member
dude...that blows.....so did the car get towed straight to the insurance companys impound lot or what? if not than i would of stood up all night pulling that engine and just say it was stolen or somethin f**k that shitt i would never let a car go with a good enine...specially b seies, shitt i would just cut the motor mount bracket and lower control arms to get the whole thing out tranny and all, it wouldnt take long ive done it before on my friends wrecked car...took like 45 minutes for real

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
damn man, can't you buy it back from insurance? Seems worth it to me...........Sorry to see, i got T-boned before much worse then that. Luckily no-one was hurt.

knotapunk

5+ Year Member
Just got off the phone with them...I get to keep the car for parts, and I get a cash settlement of 1800 bucks...so, things are looking up. Now, time to pimp the red car! Well, I need a timing belt for my SiR, but after that, pimp son!