Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
42Steps said:
Price comparison.....

Yeah.... Not quite own all.... :lol:
2800... Japanesestarmotors... I walked though the warehouse... look at the swap.. & thats the price he told me.. B16's go for that much..

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Sleeper said:
2800... Japanesestarmotors... I walked though the warehouse... look at the swap.. & thats the price he told me.. B16's go for that much..
Remember how much of a pain in the ass it is to swap as well.... Its hard to wedge that motor into the bay.... ;)

It does rock.... But take it from a guy who's own brother is doing/did an RB swap.... Its no cake walk....

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
42Steps said:
Remember how much of a pain in the ass it is to swap as well.... Its hard to wedge that motor into the bay.... ;)

It does rock.... But take it from a guy who's own brother is doing/did an RB swap.... Its no cake walk....
Dude.. being slow is a pain in the ass... RB puts a bandaid on that ass lol

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hueman said:
my god, does everyone in the world have a 240sx now....

no but I think everyone has a honda
actually I rarely see s14s lucky if I see 2 a day

krayziejcs

did you ever see the silver one with black rims with a polished lip? it was boosted. I always saw it in mia lakes. :drool:

are you getting the old one or the new one?

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
soldiaboy said:
no but I think everyone has a honda
actually I rarely see s14s lucky if I see 2 a day

krayziejcs

did you ever see the silver one with black rims with a polished lip? it was boosted. I always saw it in mia lakes. :drool:

are you getting the old one or the new one?

I'm going for an 02 or 03, dont have the $ for the new ones, although I wish I could afford one. I'm still not sure if its going to happen this summer cuz I have something bigger planned, and its not car related :shock:

I saw one that fits the description you mentioned but I saw it by my job. I was droolin all over that

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
you getting married to the 15 year old? :suprise: :shock: :???: :cry: :( hahahah

havent you been going out with that girl for a few yrs now? anyways I think its either that or real estate lol

krayziejcs

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
soldiaboy said:
you getting married to the 15 year old? :suprise: :shock: :???: :cry: :( hahahah

havent you been going out with that girl for a few yrs now? anyways I think its either that or real estate lol
no not marriage
well you guessed right again, once everything is set and done I'll post something about it here

btw: shes actually older than me, she is 21, I'm 20 , and yea we have been going on for 4 1/2 years if i'm not mistaken

Blazed

f**k The Powers That B
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good luck with ur project..after alls said and done u'll be back to honda...so yeh :moon:

hueman

Son of a b***h Must Pay
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
42Steps said:
No.... Just the cool kids....
maybe 4 years ago ;)

42Steps said:
Around the same, 500ish, maybe more, not exactly sure.... The biggest thing with a KA-T is the price... Power to money ratio is higher then an SR or RB.... Usually....
i doubt that it would be a reliable 500whp on a ka-t. i have yet to see any proof of these numbers, and people across so many boards say it... and even if it's been done, it's crazy rare. so i don't get how people consider the sr to be inferior to the ka. and i think the record for sr stock block is closer to 600whp.

racing_kid

take that sucka!!!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
very nice. another 240 owner on cc, how many of us are there now...=)

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hueman said:
what's the record for a ka-t on stock block? i think the sr20 is something over 550whp.
i don't think he's out to set world records.
any reliable horsepower that can be obtained through a minimal budget is most likely the strategy.

the fact is, he has a ka24 and it has the capacity to be turbo'd and boosted safely to about 10-12psi and continue to be a daily driver for around $2k. why spend more money on an sr20 and then spend a bit more to tweak it so that it matches the ka-t's output?

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Blazed said:
good luck with ur project..after alls said and done u'll be back to honda...so yeh :moon:
Meh, thats what you think..... :P

hueman said:
maybe 4 years ago ;)
Please quit hating for the sake of hating.... :???:

hueman said:
i doubt that it would be a reliable 500whp on a ka-t. i have yet to see any proof of these numbers, and people across so many boards say it... and even if it's been done, it's crazy rare. so i don't get how people consider the sr to be inferior to the ka. and i think the record for sr stock block is closer to 600whp.
I never said that the KA was superior to the SR, I just said it was cheaper.... :what:

Sleeper

92 4doorSleeper
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
42Steps said:
I never said that the KA was superior to the SR, I just said it was cheaper.... :what:
True... & I say with the RB... The juice is definatly worth the squeeze lol

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Mr. Lin said:
i don't think he's out to set world records.
any reliable horsepower that can be obtained through a minimal budget is most likely the strategy.

the fact is, he has a ka24 and it has the capacity to be turbo'd and boosted safely to about 10-12psi and continue to be a daily driver for around $2k. why spend more money on an sr20 and then spend a bit more to tweak it so that it matches the ka-t's output?
thats what I might do. im only looking to run low 13s/ high 12s. I say the hp output to get those numbers are 300-350. I really dont need anymore than that

o yea
s14>13 ;)

iloveS-ilver-EX

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i like the big 240's but the slant headlight ones, personnallt those look very agressive. that front end has maxima written all over it. it it possibly to bolt on swap em?, and would u consider swapping or do u like that front end?
nice pick up either way

btw how u gonna /\/\@|] drifto w/o lsd?!!?

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
iloveS-ilver-EX said:
i like the big 240's but the slant headlight ones, personnallt those look very agressive. that front end has maxima written all over it. it it possibly to bolt on swap em?, and would u consider swapping or do u like that front end?
nice pick up either way

btw how u gonna /\/\@|] drifto w/o lsd?!!?
Add an lsd... :roll:

Zenki = R33ish front end = 95-96
Kouki = Aggresive Slanted HL = 97-98
Yes, you can swap the front end.... No, I personally wouldn't do it.... Put that money towards performance or comfort....

soldiaboy

343 FDNY
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
42Steps said:
Add an lsd... :roll:

Zenki = R33ish front end = 95-96
Kouki = Aggresive Slanted HL = 97-98
Yes, you can swap the front end.... No, I personally wouldn't do it.... Put that money towards performance or comfort....
me either. im keeping my front end. that money can be used for tires or something :laugh:
I broke traction today on the on ramp. god it felt good 8)

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
soldiaboy said:
me either. im keeping my front end. that money can be used for tires or something :laugh:
I broke traction today on the on ramp. god it felt good 8)
Oh it gets better.... Thats just the beginning young grasshopper....