Andres H22 hatch build

andre4444

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Alright so I thought this swap might be worthy of a little build thread.
I chose the H22 because... well its different right? And of course the extra torque seems quite appealing!

So I ordered the engine and it should be here next week.
I have yet to get the axles and figure out what I will be doing with the wiring.

These are the few things I will be installing with the engine.

competition ultralight flywheel
competition stage 2 clutch kit
ESP header
Greddy SP2 catback (tanabe now cause greddy is discontinued)

Well I don't know what else to say... oh yea, this is my first swap! I bought another hatch in case the swap took extra long. I also need my car for work so yea...

Onto the pics! :D

bad photo

just have the axles left

my ESP mount stuff, ESP FTW!

09/17/07

got the engine out today
will proceed to clean it up and maybe get my new subframe in

this is big for me, my first engine i ever took out, hahaha

09/25/07

yesss, finally picked it up today

it was a pain in the ass, i had to go to customs at some random building then to another warehouse to pick the engine up >.<

thumbs up to Hmotorsonline, i checked everything and it all seems good. they even took the TPS sensor off so it wouldnt get mashed... maybe every company does this? i wouldnt know

09/29/07

today me and my dad tried fitting the h22 in to get to get it positioned to weld in the passenger side mount and lemme tell ya... it is a PAIN in the ASS taking that engine in and out. you guys were right, a lil more banging here and there then i expected, nothing a torch and a good sledge hammer couldnt handle though. plan on getting that mount welded in tomorrow since after 6hrs today we finally got the engine mounted correctly. was gunna take pics but the camera wasnt working and my dad wanted to stay focused on the job. will take some tomorrow.

09/30/07

here are the pictures.

fitting the engine so we know where to put the passenger side tranny mount.

taking the mount on

the engine is really tight getting in and out but we've (my dad and i) probably taken it in and out around 6-7 times >.<

Thanks for looking, updates will come weekly maybe? Any comments welcome.

EgHatch93

EG Whore
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Lookin good so far! KEEP US POSTED!

andre4444

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i know i know, i havent really done anything yet, i work slowly ok?!? lol..
so i will finally have the engine out tomorrow >.<
since the h22 is coming next week i have to order my clutch kit and flywheel
originally i was going to go for ACT... but now i notice that spoon stuff isnt all that mroe expensive.. is spoon worth all the hype?

andre4444

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
umm.. maybe later. i got the LS tranny for the H so we'll see how it goes
with the B tranny you probably need a different axle combo and stuff... not sure how everything would fit up
too confusing, hah

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if your going to do h2b you have to dicided now, you cant go back to B if you start with H. LS is a b series tranny

rey_boricua

2000 EM1 B16A2T
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
h22 sucks, j/k if you can save up some money try to get a type r with LSD

andre4444

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if your going to do h2b you have to dicided now, you cant go back to B if you start with H. LS is a b series tranny
yea, that makes sense, so i guess i'll enver go h2b, i dont have the money for it anyways
and i meant limited slip tranny... i dont know if it's appropiate to call it an LSD tranny :S

h22 sucks, j/k if you can save up some money try to get a type r with LSD
lets not decide what i should have done instead k, your gunna make me regret s**t, n i dont want that lol :P

Steven.

Formally Green 91
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if i ever did H22, H2B woudl have to be done, shifter CABLES suck nuts, have fun mounting those and getting them shimmed right.

H2b Seems to be easy, buy the kit, use B series axles, thats it from what ive seen
http://www.quartersportsdrag.com/H2B.html

andre4444

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
if i ever did H22, H2B woudl have to be done, shifter CABLES suck nuts, have fun mounting those and getting them shimmed right.
ESP claims that the 90-93 accord shifter cables fit fine. we shall see if its a pain in the ass or not.
so negative, gawdd

rey_boricua

2000 EM1 B16A2T
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yea, that makes sense, so i guess i'll enver go h2b, i dont have the money for it anyways
and i meant limited slip tranny... i dont know if it's appropiate to call it an LSD tranny :S

lets not decide what i should have done instead k, your gunna make me regret s**t, n i dont want that lol :P
dude i owned a 93SI w/ a H22A and currently own 99 ek w/ a sleeved H22A ready for boost. i have been in the h22a game for since 03 ;)

andre4444

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
dude i owned a 93SI w/ a H22A and currently own 99 ek w/ a sleeved H22A ready for boost. i have been in the h22a game for since 03 ;)
sweet, what did u mean by type r then? arnt there only type s h22's ... im sucha noob.. gawd!
anyways i got the 92-95 H22a LSD

Mr. Lin

Admiral Ackbar
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
f**k the hatch, get that fd up and running.

rey_boricua

2000 EM1 B16A2T
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
sweet, what did u mean by type r then? arnt there only type s h22's ... im sucha noob.. gawd!
anyways i got the 92-95 H22a LSD
if you go H2B then get the type r tranny, that is what I meant sorry for the confusion

what's up with the FD?

andre4444

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea im hoping its gunna be fast
i ordered some parts today
Greddy SP2 catback
ESP 4-2-1 header
competition stage 2 clutch kit and competition ultra light flywheel
yayyy...

and as for the fd... thats my dads car lol, hes putting an LS1 in there
well he already has it in, just has wiring left pretty much.

and his car wont be that much faster than my hatch im hoping :D
but its gunna sound mean with that v8