another H22 question

MadPeach* 98 Lx

5+ Year Member
Ive seen alot of hondas with H22 swaps in them but i have never seen one in a 1998 civic lx (sedan) so i was wondering if it even fit my car? or does nobody want to bother putting them in a sedan?

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
search around on google of h22 swaps because there are thousands of them... after you have read up on them, if you have any technical questions- make a thread or ask phntmsk8r, he knows his s**t..

MadPeach* 98 Lx

5+ Year Member
Thats the problem i have been searching google and youtube but none of them are sedans. they are mostly hatches and coupes

s_crowley 17

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
it doesnt matter, its the same engine bay. i know you are new to civics, which everyone was... i guess i would have been confused if i was wondering the same thing..

So, look at various build threads for H22's into coupes/sedans and just learn.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
model of the car is irrelevant to the engine bay.

92-95 coupe, hatch, 4door are all the same engine bay
96-98 coupe, hatch, 4door are all the same engine bay
99-00 coupe, hatch, 4door are all the same engine bay

how many doors are on the car have nothing to do with the motor that is in it. Not many people build 4doors.

I'm really not trying to be a d**k, but there are seriously 5+ threads a week created on this EXACT subject, which I have linked ALL of the info you'll ever need to do an h22 swap into any 92-00 civic in multiple threads, and yet nobody searches.

So here it is AGAIN.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=650329

read all of it, not just the first post. If you still have questions, then make a thread.

MadPeach* 98 Lx

5+ Year Member
ok i just searched the 6th gen build threads and H22 didnt even come up. So maybe im doing something wrong. But if anybody finds a 6th gen sedan with an H22 please post a link or let me know if it fits.

mixwell

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
and the difference is.......

***drumroll please***

none.

except that the sedan has four doors.