Another leak... -_- Pics.

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
valve cover gasket? cam seal? (wait, cam seals are on the drivers side right?)

SwiftEKtuner

EJ6 Powderpuff
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have that same problem but its not as bad...mines only like 2 inches width...but it looks like its coming from the seals where it mounts together

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I can almost guarantee its coming from above. And NOT where the trans mates to the motor.

tonyM

caca poopoo
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
^^^ yes, O-ring......... Didnt think of that. damn its been a while since I messed with honda motors. lol

JdmRover

5+ Year Member
i have that same problem but its not as bad...mines only like 2 inches width...but it looks like its coming from the seals where it mounts together
Yeah I cleaned if off and im sure its leaking there.. where it mounts together.. through the crack. It starts from the top and leaks down . It s just a bad angle. But I replaced my o ring already so im sure its not there.

nicoyita1

I eat rice. And beans.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah I cleaned if off and im sure its leaking there.. where it mounts together.. through the crack. It starts from the top and leaks down . It s just a bad angle. But I replaced my o ring already so im sure its not there.
did you replace your O-ring correctly? that makes a difference...

RonJ

Banned
The leak is almost surely come from higher up. Did you use an OEM O-ring, clean the contact areas, and apply oil to the new O-ring before installation? Pull off the distributor and look for the source of the leak. Did you replace and properly seal the valve cover gasket?

JdmRover

5+ Year Member
Yes i did all of that. Im like 100% becuase i clean the area off and let the engine ran. And oil seeped out of where it mounts together.

RonJ

Banned
Do you have a D16Y8? if so, check for a leak from the VTEC solenoid on the other side of the distributor.

OblivionEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Mines got the same leak, Ima try the O-ring on the distributor and get back.

Esotericimage

Taking an H-T break
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
O ring is 2.00 from honda

edit: just wanted to throw that in for the ones who were wondering....

ProVic

5+ Year Member
change these:

-vtec solenoid gasket $8-10
-distributor O-ring $2-4
-Valve Cover gasket

than come back to us

6thgenex

5+ Year Member
i want to say head gasket, i was having an overheating problem with my car then it started to leak coolant.
looked alot like yours, im in the process of switching out my head gaskets along with the head cover. hopefully some liquid gasket will seal my leak. ill keep you posted

UCCRacing

No Fun
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah that definitely looks like your engine to transmission gasket.
WT Heck are you talking about? There is no such thing! I say wash your engine very good, and replace the above mention gaskets and see what happens....