another lowering question

raz18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
didnt read the thred entirely man so this may be stupid..
but if you JUST installed them your gonna wanna wait at least a week before doing an alignment.

TAZ_FERIO

7th Gen Civic
5+ Year Member
why do I want to wait a week before doing an alignment? I drive pretty far I cant really wait a week to do an alignment...

pon55

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
why do I want to wait a week before doing an alignment? I drive pretty far I cant really wait a week to do an alignment...
Springs need to "settle" to the final height.

raz18

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Springs need to "settle" to the final height.
x2

when you first put them on they are not at the complete drop yet. wait about a week or so and they should be settled enough. if you get an alignment now your just gonna waste your money cuz then you wil need another in a week

TAZ_FERIO

7th Gen Civic
5+ Year Member
Oh, well I took it somewhere that has a 30 day warranty on the alignment so in a week or so ill just take it back and tell them its wrong.

pon55

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Most places don't warranty modified cars!

TAZ_FERIO

7th Gen Civic
5+ Year Member
They knew it was modified at time of telling me about the warrenty so if they try to pull something on me, well lets just say they will start seeing things my way.

It has started to settle though, I can see the difference between now and when I posted the pics lol. Do you guys take off the mud flaps? Mine are scraping on speed bumps when I take it at an angle.

joe7987

Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
To be honest, the alignment shouldn't be off by much anyway. I went after my springs settled and they told me they adjusted it by the 1/10th of an inch or whatever it was, but that I really didn't need an alignment.

Renzo21

Nice Bowl of D17 Soup...
5+ Year Member
They knew it was modified at time of telling me about the warrenty so if they try to pull something on me, well lets just say they will start seeing things my way.

It has started to settle though, I can see the difference between now and when I posted the pics lol. Do you guys take off the mud flaps? Mine are scraping on speed bumps when I take it at an angle.
I would take 'em off. Looks better too. I just hate that the body gets dirty...

johnbt27

5+ Year Member
heres an old pic of my drop on tein basics:

im now lower all around still with tein basics (.5 finger in front, 1 finger in back

LowNotSlow

Aqua Teen Christmas Force
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
welcome to the land of horrible bump steer, yay macpherson struts!