Another Newbie!

jtyrone32

Fuel your Passion
Hey guys, just recently joined CC after seeing some other forums while trolling around. I joined to just share and get some tips on other civic owners. I own a 1996 Civic VTEC (sedan), Manual. I'll be posting pictures up soon, since I currently don't have any on the computer. Owned this car for one year and couple months now. Just want some tips on what I should do first with the car, since I haven't really done any major things to it. Changed the bushing on the rear suspension, fixed the leaks on the radiator and some oil leaks with in the engine. Any more ideas on what I should do first?:worthy::worthy: Like paint, rims, suspension, engine bay, steering wheel, interior, exterior? Let's start small and build up. :P Thanks!

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
drop it first is what i would do.. start saving ha

jtyrone32

Fuel your Passion
drop it first is what i would do.. start saving ha
If I do drop it, it wouldn't be much. :( I'm currently out of states and residing in the Philippines. The roads are ridiculous here. It's all uneven. haha Saving is the hard part. haha

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
:hi:

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

jtyrone32

Fuel your Passion
Thanks for the welcome guys. So all my oils, radiator fluid, has been changed. Also the fuel filter along with it. What could be my next step just to spice up my civic? :] Any suggestions? Oh and guys, I have this "grinding" sound idk how to explain it. Had a mechanic look into it and they said it the bearing for the a/c? Something about its always free-wheeling so it grinds to another part? Any clarification out there civic experts? =)

civic21911

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Welcome to the site you asked us what you should do first but really we should be asking what your plans are. Make your car YOURS

Last edited:

stcopley

Trollin in the Deep
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Welcome. I own a 96 hatchback. And personally i would delete this ac, but i dont know what the climate is like in the phillipines there. Deleting it would be the cheapest way to fix the problem and save you 20-30 lbs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jtyrone32

Fuel your Passion
You're right. We'll for my plans I want to make it better than stock. Not much like I'm enter in a show. Just a car I would enjoy driving around. Main thing I want is too keep it simple and clean, with the jdm look or something. Since my engine and suspension are pretty good for now. I want to get some headlights and tail lights shipped from the US. Just to start off with that. Change my grill and add some fog lamps. Rims I can find it here, but might take some time. I'll post you guys pictures during the weekend. =)

Like these Civic. the first pic, the white one and the last dark red one. I'm trying to catch those "look" but with my own twist or flavor. Can't lower it much because of the roads here either. >.<

http://marketplace.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?page=2262&t=2238014

jtyrone32

Fuel your Passion
Welcome. I own a 96 hatchback. And personally i would delete this ac, but i dont know what the climate is like in the phillipines there. Deleting it would be the cheapest way to fix the problem and save you 20-30 lbs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Nice, got any pics? Shoot, over here. Last thing you want is to take you your A/C. :nono:lol Humid and pretty much hot weather all the time. Kinda like Texas but a bit warmer.

emerican

Registered VIP
sounds like some pretty good plans man
whats the plans for the engine?
post some pics of the car up so we can all see it

jtyrone32

Fuel your Passion
sounds like some pretty good plans man
whats the plans for the engine?
post some pics of the car up so we can all see it
Thanks man. Going to try to save up for a new paint job.
As for the engine, well Cosmetic wise. Painting the engine cover would be nice, changing the hoses to a certain color too, and just clean up the grease around the engine bay. As for performance. I'm quite not sure. i wanted to change the air filter to a cone, or new manifold? Not quite sure about the engine. Going to think about that first. haha We'll do man. I'll upload it during the weekend and share it with you all. :thumbs up

086head

Registered VIP
:welcome: up your radiator and get some silicone hoses, looks better, cleaner, and a good backup in the catagory that you dont warp/overheat