Another noob question regarding swapping motors...

sebas32192

Paintball and Cars
I have a 1993 EX coupe, but I don't know what I can slam in it once the original motor goes out. I mean, the car runs fine and all, but it does have high mileage. I asked one of my friends and he mentioned motor mounts depending on what swap you wanted to put in. Can you put any Honda motor in the coupe that I have, or are there limitations pertaining to the size, weight, etc of other motors?

Thanks!

justinturner92

new to the game
5+ Year Member
You can pretty much put whatever motor you want into your car. My friend has a 95 coupe w/h22a under the hood. another friend with a 93 coupe w/k20. or you can throw in a b16, or if you don't have the money do a cheap d16. It's about personal preference; do you want AC, PS, etc? and what is your budget?

And you would have to end up having to get motor mounts, new ecu, tranny, EVERYTHING pretty much; not just a motor.

sinister06civic

your best bet is to decide on the motor you want and then research what it takes to install that one.seeing how you must be new to the honda thing I recomend a Bseries for your first swap. but research all your options!!

Tam4511

Boost Fiend
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a d or b swap would be cheapest
but like the other said, you can do whatever you want, some people put ls1's in their hondas lol

justinturner92

new to the game
5+ Year Member
yeah, b16a would probably end up being your best bet for your first swap. considerably cheap, nice bit of power, and looks nice under the hood. d series are somewhat nice, but should only be used in a swap if you're planning to turbo. that's just IMO though..

lil95ex

as far as a cheap NA motor go like b16 but depending on your budget tool and resources you can drop just about any motor in that car i know a guy thats got one of the new oddesy motors in his its a 3.5l v6 thats the biggest motor honda makes as far as swap worhty goes