another problem

pyropunker25

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok....my car is f**ked up...its not leaking oil when im parked meaning i dont see any oil puddles... but my oil light flickers when its at idle at a light or something... i just changed the oil, 4 quarts, and its still doing it...any help? anything i can do? anyone had this problem...? any suggestions? and no shitting on this... o one more thing, my freind said something about a valve adjust?

TAZ_FERIO

7th Gen Civic
5+ Year Member
Is your oil low, i mean yes i know that you changed it but make sure its not low already... It may be the sensor for the oil going out or like the wire is lose so when the engine shakes (while in idle) the wire goes in and out.

pyropunker25

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wouldnt it shake more when i drive? just wondering...is it possible i have an oil leak? but how would i find it? i never seen oil in my garage...

Jersey8

B20: Detroit Muscle!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oil pressure sender

TAZ_FERIO

7th Gen Civic
5+ Year Member
well did you check you oil level? thats the first place to check it really sounds like a bad sensor to me.

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
i just had this same problem and i threw a rod
but i was always losin a half quart somewhere
not leavin puddles

i think when the light flickers its the oil pressure

pyropunker25

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
well of course the oil is low...i have to put a quart in every other day...should i bring it to a garage or somtheing i could fix?

jonathan2006

D17A2 User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
also our cars dont hold a whole 4 quarts
i thnk they use like 3 and half

pyropunker25

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i no...i put in 3 and a hlf but then had to add more the day after...what should i check?