another sleeper si's D16Y8 full powertrain build for FI.

sleeper si

Registered VIP
Since I have a spare D16Y8 lying in the garage, gonna build it up for FI.

Having some custom length H beam rods being made and ready in a month's time.
Looking for some Vitara pistons but don't like fleabay.

sleeper si

Registered VIP
Go vitara or wiseco. I do not see the reason people hate eBay.
I hate buying or selling on ebay. they have gone downhill IMO.
But since i am in china anyways, it is very easy for me to get the parts i need custom made.
There is a few factories that made forged pistons, just need to get them the specs of the G16 pistons and voila. They CNC 86mm and bigger pistons so i don;t see 75mm would cause them grief.:lol:

Failsafe88

gt CasaNova
Registered VIP
And how much is it going to cost for 4 pistons? EBay has eBay brand products and then good quality oroducts. I bough from speedfactory on eBay. I think you just rather spend excess money on pistons when their is no need to. Yes their are just a few companies with pistons. Do you want to know why? It's because they work great. The reason other people don't make them isbecause that would lead to a fail of a business. Their has been thousands of dollars on the development of forged pistons. The companies producing the pistons have reputable names in the market. Trying to be different by getting custom pistons is not going to help.

sleeper si

Registered VIP
And how much is it going to cost for 4 pistons? EBay has eBay brand products and then good quality oroducts. I bough from speedfactory on eBay. I think you just rather spend excess money on pistons when their is no need to. Yes their are just a few companies with pistons. Do you want to know why? It's because they work great. The reason other people don't make them isbecause that would lead to a fail of a business. Their has been thousands of dollars on the development of forged pistons. The companies producing the pistons have reputable names in the market. Trying to be different by getting custom pistons is not going to help.
everyone knows that china made is gonna be less expensive than North American made products. It is gonna cost me the same or a tad more than a buying a set of Vitara cast pistons, so why not just go with custom forged?

sleeper si

Registered VIP
it seems that working to get my custom made piston and phosphate coated will take more time that anticipated.