another story about cops making good decent people unlikely to trust them again.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/92661/Student-arrested-for-being-honest

STUDENT ARRESTED...FOR BEING HONEST

AN HONEST student who handed in a mobile phone he found was stunned when police arrested him for theft.

Paul Leicester, 18, played the Good Samaritan when he discovered the handset lying in the street.

He rang the last number dialled and told a friend of the owner he would leave the phone at a nearby police station. But officers arrested him for “theft by finding”, held him for four hours and took a DNA sample.

Yesterday Paul said: “I thought I was doing the right thing and had it thrown back in my face. I wouldn’t go to the police in future. All I was doing was the honest thing. It was a shocking experience.”

The A-level student at Southport College, Merseyside, had been out celebrating his 18th birthday last month when he found the phone.

Paul added: “Being arrested isn’t a good way to celebrate your birthday. What are you supposed to do when you find a phone?”

Merseyside Police dropped the case but Paul’s father Vinnie, 37, of Seaforth, Merseyside, is still angry over his arrest.

He said: “It should never have happened. Paul’s mum and I brought him up the right way. They should give him an apology.”

Chief Superintendent Ian Pilling said: “We are reviewing the circumstances of the arrest.”
the message is clear, do not deal with the police if you don't have to.

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wtf is wrong with cops these days?

89SiGUYrex

Live Free or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
something happened to me last night kind of like this but different. Was hanging out with somefriends talking around a fire after a nice day. Off in the distance we here a motorcylce ripping through town(inline 4) just going nuts for about 5 minutes. we were like either its a police chase or just an idiot. an hour later we all leave, i am on my motorcycle
and just head down main street( literally through the center of town and i live on it) and just keep seeing cop cars everywhere. I was going 31 mph the whole because it was chilly and 2 am. 2 blocks away from my house a cop car pulls up behind me and follows until i put my blinker on to turn onto my side street where my garage is. Thats when she flips her lights on and i go WTF!? i knew i wasnt speeding or doing anything illegal.

I sit there for a couple minutes on my bike before she comes up to me and says license and reg. i say okay but what did i do? she asks me were you in a pursuit? i was like no but was that all the motorcycle noise i heard earlier? she goes what noise? i said i was sitting with some friends talking when we heard a motorcycle going crazy off in the distance. right after i am done saying that over her radio i hear dispatch give a description of the pursuit suspect. Black and silver bike and rider with black and gray helmet. wouldn't you know i have a black and silver bike and black and gray helmet. Immediately i say i swear it wasnt me and the bike i heard was an inline for and mine is a 1 cylinder dirtbike. then 2 more cruisers show up and i am starting to s**t my pants just because i match the description and the cops around here are ignorant f**ks who dont listen. she walks back to her car and the other officers talk to her there. after about 5 minutes her and another officer walk up(with me fearing the worst) and then say alright you are good to go.

I have never been in trouble with the law and thought for sure they were going to arrest me. sounds stupid but you havent met these cops. luckily they didnt and went peeling off after they left me... talk about them being safe.

Kaotic_Zeus

Most hated man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
dude that sucks....

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
something happened to me last night kind of like this but different.
You fit the description of the suspect. You are taking a story where the cops did everything correctly and trying to play the victim. f**king grow up.

bizoneoeh

Ex-Gang Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so cops are f**king assholes? who would have ever thought? :lol:

cheezeonmakneez

love unicorns
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You fit the description of the suspect. You are taking a story where the cops did everything correctly and trying to play the victim. f**king grow up.
No s**t.
It may have been a pain in the ass but the police in your case were doing what they were suppose to be doing.
Now as for Anfrey's post, Its hard to say what all happened but if it went down like that advertisement said, then its plain bullshit and abuse of power. I would be seeking some kind of damages for that s**t.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
cops are dicks? wtf, greddy goin bankrupt! whaaaaaaa

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
No s**t.
It may have been a pain in the ass but the police in your case were doing what they were suppose to be doing.
Now as for Anfrey's post, Its hard to say what all happened but if it went down like that advertisement said, then its plain bullshit and abuse of power. I would be seeking some kind of damages for that s**t.
Agreed on the second half of the statement also. The article was pretty vague though. I mean they said that the kid was celebrating for his 18th birthday party. Is it possible that the cops smelled alcohol on him? I mean the source kept referring to the kid as an A student, as if that meant he could never do anything wrong :roll: I mean its totally possible that the cops were just plain being douches, but I find it hard to believe that there wasnt anybody in the station who wouldve called bullshit on the cops holding him, unless there was something fishy.

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
this was in the UK. the drinking age there, like in most sensible countries in the world, is 18

SGGilmo

Yay, Another Car.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
this was in the UK. the drinking age there, like in most sensible countries in the world, is 18
which it should be. how do go and tell an 18yo kid that lives on his own that he cant do what he wants. kinda stupid if you ask me. im sure it will be changed sooner or latter.

R3dline

Respected
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
you can be in the army , carry a rifle, kill people etc etc, but cant smoke or drink , iv always thought that was bullshit

jokenfu

Adobo Powered Pinoy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
it's always...."WE ARE INVESTIGATING/REVIEWING THE INCIDENT"
WTF!!!!

what is there to review or investigate...you made a f**kin mistake...own up and stop bein a b***h!!!!

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
you can purchase and consume tobacco products in most european nations at 16...

vjf915

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Smoking age here in Jersey got raised to 19 a couple years back. Stupid in my opinion. If someone wants to tar up their lungs, let them :what:

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Smoking age here in Jersey got raised to 19 a couple years back. Stupid in my opinion. If someone wants to tar up their lungs, let them :what:
they better not complain about having less money then... tobacco tax revenue is super high