another sub forum in for sale idea

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
just a thought but i thought it would be a good idea to have a section in the sub forums of the for sale section for people who are parting their cars out. since they have multiple parts that fit in multiple sections they usually do is create multiple threads with the same info. i thought it would be easier just to make a section devoted to people who are parting their cars out instead of having multiple threads in the other subforums.

any thoughts?

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It could work..... I know I've been going through that with my S14, and it could make it easy...... I think it could be possible, but I'm gonna keep my vote until I hear what some other people might think about and their ideas with it.... ;)

King Bob

The life'o Riley
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sounds good to me but it would be a b***h to enforce.

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i dont know how much traffic it actually would get.. but i dont think its a bad idea...

CRX_dude

copyright 2006 omgwtflol
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
itsmycookie said:
just a thought but i thought it would be a good idea to have a section in the sub forums of the for sale section for people who are parting their cars out. since they have multiple parts that fit in multiple sections they usually do is create multiple threads with the same info. i thought it would be easier just to make a section devoted to people who are parting their cars out instead of having multiple threads in the other subforums.

any thoughts?
good idea! i agree

oc_civic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member

Vicious

1st gen lover
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i doubt there would be many threads in there though :what:

42Steps

Welcome my son....
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Vicious said:
i doubt there would be many threads in there though :what:
I don't see that as a problem, though.... It would cut down on a lot of useless threads in the other sections, making it easier to keep clean....

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
42Steps said:
I don't see that as a problem, though.... It would cut down on a lot of useless threads in the other sections, making it easier to keep clean....
thats what i thought. so is this going to stay as an idea? or will it actually be considered?

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
oc_civic said:
i dont know how much traffic it actually would get.. but i dont think its a bad idea...
^^^^What he said.......^^^^

But does it happen enough to warrant a sub forum? Im not so sure.

Now, Im not trying to offend anyone but mabye the FS/WTB mod or whoever is resp. for that section can step up and delete those to just 1 thread, problem solved.........?

I understand most of the time its truely applicable to be in that many sections but......it is kind of sloppy and a waste of Kb's....

Overall though, a good idea...... =)

x007den

New User
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i think although its harder on the seller to manage four threads, its probably better for his sales. a buyer who usually looking for a certain part is probably going to look in the exterior/interior/etc sections first.

ShinsenTuner

CC's Youngest OG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
x007den said:
i think although its harder on the seller to manage four threads, its probably better for his sales. a buyer who usually looking for a certain part is probably going to look in the exterior/interior/etc sections first.
exactly what i was thinking. :thumbup:

itsmycookie

#1 a*****e
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
what does it matter where they might look first?i might look in the parting out cars thread to see if my make and model is being parted out. that way i wouldn;t have to look through the other threads for it, but i could browse through all of the sections anyway. this would just eliminate the need to make 4 threads just to part out your car. the amount of threads in it won;t affect the amount of people who look into the section.

Jspec Ej6

Sam
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
itsmycookie said:
what does it matter where they might look first?i might look in the parting out cars thread to see if my make and model is being parted out. that way i wouldn;t have to look through the other threads for it, but i could browse through all of the sections anyway. this would just eliminate the need to make 4 threads just to part out your car. the amount of threads in it won;t affect the amount of people who look into the section.
i totally agree with you, when sleeping hatch was parting out his car, i had to go to 4 different threads just to see what he has.....very good idea cookie..... :thumbs up