Another Tranny Problem

JETullous

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Here is another tranny problem for you guy/gals. I have taken my Civic to several shops to try to figure out what my problem with my Tranny is but i get different solutions. My tranny Kicks and studders when shifting gears or taking off. I also here a light whinning when taking off sometimes. Gears sometimes grind in reverse and is really hard going intp first gear. I have been told everything from gears are fould out, Throwout bearing is shot, Sync's, to you name it. Has anyone out there had this problem before and know what there solution was? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JETullous said:
Here is another tranny problem for you guy/gals. I have taken my Civic to several shops to try to figure out what my problem with my Tranny is but i get different solutions. My tranny Kicks and studders when shifting gears or taking off. I also here a light whinning when taking off sometimes. Gears sometimes grind in reverse and is really hard going intp first gear. I have been told everything from gears are fould out, Throwout bearing is shot, Sync's, to you name it. Has anyone out there had this problem before and know what there solution was? HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i would just change the tranny.. to fix any little thing on a tranny cost alot, but from the sound of it your clutch might be shot. or you might need to bleed the clutch.. ( hope you dont take this the wrong way) but how long have you been driving stick and how well do you know how to drive stick? it can be a number of things.. from what u explain it sounds like the clutch to me..

JETullous

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I just put the clutch in about year in a half ago. Its a Stage 5 Clutch. Clutch is very responsive so slipage or anything liek that. Been driving a clutch for around 15 years. No offence taken.

JETullous

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No Slipage****

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JETullous said:
No Slipage****

im gunna have to think about this one.. it could be a bad TO bearing but you'd hear more then a little noise.. also was it a clutch disc with springs?? alot of hard driving can make them pop out.. i had one put a hole in my tranny

JETullous

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The thing is I took this car from my bro because he wrecked it 9 times hitting BS things. He had the clutch put in and I was told it was a Stage 5. I do not know if it has the springs or not. I do wan to mention that a few times when shifting gears it seems to hang. By what i mean it will drag it seems after changing gears. It will kick readly hard when accelerating and then de-accelerating. I would have to take ou tof gear and kill the cars engine the restart. Or Kill the engine and Pop clutch and it will resume (normally). Weird prob i have. I love to take a bomb place under gas tank and run like hell from this thing. =)

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
JETullous said:
The thing is I took this car from my bro because he wrecked it 9 times hitting BS things. He had the clutch put in and I was told it was a Stage 5. I do not know if it has the springs or not. I do wan to mention that a few times when shifting gears it seems to hang. By what i mean it will drag it seems after changing gears. It will kick readly hard when accelerating and then de-accelerating. I would have to take ou tof gear and kill the cars engine the restart. Or Kill the engine and Pop clutch and it will resume (normally). Weird prob i have. I love to take a bomb place under gas tank and run like hell from this thing. =)
sounds like more then the tranny... i dunt see how the tranny would make it die when slowing down.. well im going to bed now but ill have an answer tomorrow..

EG_CaSe

ScAre CrOw
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i might be off a little but just check the injectors... it happen to me be4 i was driving a friends car and his injector went bad everytime i slowed down it made a funny noise and would die i had to keep poping the clutch to get it running...

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
drop the tranny, bust it apart and figure it out...my input shaft bearing was bad, cost me 15 bucks for a new one from the dealer...do it yourself..get a factory service manual a case of beer, and find a good radio station to listen too