Antenna Problems

fuzzyuu

5+ Year Member
Hey guys. My antenna gets the worst reception in the world, and I've checked the connections under the dash and everything looks good. Since I can't figure out what's wrong I've been thinking about replacing the antenna and all the antenna wiring. Has anyone else had this problem and come up with a different solution, or for that matter, the same solution?

Thanks!

Gonzo

Tin Foil Member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
my antenna blows as well, i havent been able to figure out wat it is, but i would also like to know

free bump to you

JiuJitsu_greg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nope I can't say I have had this happen. . . All the connections are good to the radio deck as well?

akdasniper

5+ Year Member
my antenna worked fine until i put an aftermarket headunit in. after that, the reception was bad, so CD's it is... i eventually ripped my antenna out and put the blocker plate on...

ImportFan1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
same thing happened with my aftermarket radio as well. pisses me off.

fuzzyuu

5+ Year Member
One thing that I should mention is that if I pull out and put back in the antenna plug while the radio is on, there is a spot where I get perfect reception with the antenna. Maybe it's just the cable from the antenna to the HU?

I guess another question to throw out there, do any of the 6th gen coupes have the rear window antenna? Maybe I could have one of those installed....

A couple of other ideas...

Maybe just a new/different/non-Honda cable between the antenna and the HU like this one (has anyone tried this?)...
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-GuYirS6wOe6/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=270750&I=12044EC36&search=antenna

This Antenna from Crutchfield http://www.crutchfield.com/S-GuYirS6wOe6/cgi-bin/prodview.asp?i=12044HD98&g=232750&search=antenna

Danno

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the stock honda radio/cd player has a power boost for the antena. aftermarket decks don't. i think you can buy the boosters separately or put in an aftermarket antena.

fuzzyuu

5+ Year Member
Well, I ordered the Crutchfield antenna which FYI is a Metra antenna. We will see if that helps at all. If not I may try the signal booster, but all of the things that I have read don't say the best things about them. Also, it seems like the Honda antenna cable end is a little different from the standard ones. I will compare when I get my Metra antenna.

SweetEBPSi

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I have also heard that if you relocate the antenna to the back part of the roof, just like a VW, you get better reception. Don't know if its true or not.