1. New Forum Software:
    We have finally upgraded the forum software due to it being so outdated. If you are having any issues with new forum please let us know. Please post any issues in this thread http://www.clubcivic.com/forum/threads/clubcivic-com-forum-upgrade.227221/

"Anti-Theft" System

Discussion in 'Interior / Audio / Electronics' started by wrod7, Nov 23, 2009.

Welcome to ClubCivic a Honda Civic Forum

Club Civic is an online Honda Civic forum and community for all Honda Civic enthusiasts. Whether you own a Honda Civic Si, Ex, Type R, Dx, Lx, Cx, Dx, Vx, or even a hybrid you will find valuable information and honda civic car parts on this site. Take a look around to view Honda Civic discussion; including a photo gallery, maintenance information, tech tips, as well as ways to get better performance from your Honda Civic. Visit the Members Ride's to view and rate other member’s Honda Civics. Click here to start viewing the Honda Civic Forums. Before you start posting on this site you will need to register. If you are already registered and not logged in, please login here.

Browse the forums by generation by clicking below or browse all honda civic forums.

1. wrod7

wrod7 New Member 5+ Year Member

Hi,

I have a 00 civic, when I first got the car the alarm system was working great, I was able to open the doors with the key to disable the alarm. Then one day I changed the battery of my car, after that I was only able to open the doors with the transmitter (if I opened the doors with the key the alarm will go off). I didnt mind that, The problem I have now is the doors wont open at all with transmitter, so I got a new battery for it then it started working for 2 days, Now my car is parked at work, and cant open the doors with out setting the alarm off. I can open the doors with the key but the alarm goes off and I cant turn the engine on. I was told to take it to a honda dealer but I cant turn the car on. I also have a after market head unit. Any way I can disable the alarm system?

-Thank in advance!

2. BEAR_times

BEAR_times Undeniable Registered VIP 5+ Year Member

[​IMG]
    Here's a start. For help with this kinda stuff, PM RonJ.

3. nikdevid

nikdevid New Member 5+ Year Member

This system used to help protect your vehicle, it's worth investing in the best anti-theft system you can afford. But no anti-theft device is foolproof. Anti-theft devices deter thieves three ways:
    1. Physically no thief wants to waste precious time exerting a lot of physical effort.
    2. Visually just the sight of an anti-theft device inside a car will put off many thieves.
    3. Audibly thieves never want to draw attention to themselves.