"Anti-Theft" System

wrod7

5+ Year Member
Hi,

I have a 00 civic, when I first got the car the alarm system was working great, I was able to open the doors with the key to disable the alarm. Then one day I changed the battery of my car, after that I was only able to open the doors with the transmitter (if I opened the doors with the key the alarm will go off). I didnt mind that, The problem I have now is the doors wont open at all with transmitter, so I got a new battery for it then it started working for 2 days, Now my car is parked at work, and cant open the doors with out setting the alarm off. I can open the doors with the key but the alarm goes off and I cant turn the engine on. I was told to take it to a honda dealer but I cant turn the car on. I also have a after market head unit. Any way I can disable the alarm system?

-Thank in advance!

BEAR_times

Undeniable
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member

Here's a start. For help with this kinda stuff, PM RonJ.

nikdevid

5+ Year Member
This system used to help protect your vehicle, it's worth investing in the best anti-theft system you can afford. But no anti-theft device is foolproof. Anti-theft devices deter thieves three ways:
1. Physically no thief wants to waste precious time exerting a lot of physical effort.
2. Visually just the sight of an anti-theft device inside a car will put off many thieves.
3. Audibly thieves never want to draw attention to themselves.