Any body try to go 100% E85?

AliasNeo

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
E85 is way harder on your engine, it's really not all it's cracked up to be.
no its not. where are your facts? E85 burns cooler than gasoline, burns cleaner, hence cleaner oil too. and emissions are better. only thing it has to be tuned for it. and larger injectors

RHennin

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I read an engineering study that tested the differences in power, efficiency and consumption of gas vs. e85 and they reasoned that e85 would have to cost roughly half the price of gasoline to equate the amount of money spent on gas. This was a fairly basic conclusion, but the study was well thought out and put together so I'm sure it has some significance and value.

99CivicSiBrian

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
you dont need any specific tuning to run e85, get an safc and add 30% fuel across the board, you'll be good.
I think that is a little generic, but yeah approximately.

I talked to the guys at CornBredTuning and they say that the gas needs to be $1 more before there is any savings realized, and that does not include the cost of equipment.

Maybe when (if) I finally get a bigger turbo I will consider it as an alternative to race gas. Currently the turbo does not flow enough at 8psi so race gas is not necessary.
B

YoungKadafi

Redundant security
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
from what ive been told, the ethonal comes from corn? The production can no where near keep up wtih the demand of e85. Rumor is e85 wont be around for much longer. I can see e85 on an FI setup, but as a DD you might as well tune for 87 with a d15

jason_guy_yeah

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hmmm...I wonder if they could use the hydroponic method for growing the corn, considering corn takes alot out of soil.