Any concerns about a B16A2?

CIVIC_VTEC

LOW AND SLOW!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
before i go any further about swapping a B16A2 is their anything i should be aware about? like problems, weakness's in the engine/tranny, weak seals? please let me know so i can change/ fix this problem before it starts.

AlaskaB16

DOING WORK!
Registered VIP
One of, if not the most common swap of all time for the Civic. Google search will tell you every bit of info that can possibly be said about this great first start in swapping.

mymmeryloss

RHD is where its at
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
B16a2 is a good starting point!

Sent from my Butthole using Fart power!

203CT

Slow But Not Low
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
If u can upgrade your valve train. that's the only problem I hear about this engine. A lot of people dropping valves. Not saying it will happen but though I'd share. Just get a nice set of dual springs.

civicexkid

its pretty much a straight swap just need mounting brackets andXLES TRANS ECU AND ENGINE mounts and your pretty much good to go =)))))))))))))))) dropped valves happen cuz people think its kool to hit rev limit all day or like my friend 3rd to 1st gear and booommm hahah poor kid dont do that though.

sovan781

i have 00 civic si with b16a2 at 144k miles, recently i adjusted my valve clearence , and i rebuild my tranny due to main shaft bearing broke on me,. after that the motor still run strong everyday. just dont hit 8k rpm all the time i find it useless cuz it looses power right after 7k rpm

FreeOfThoughts

The joy of driving
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The weak points are that it only revs up to 8250 rpms, most of the engine parts struggle after about 350 HP or over 10-12 lbs of boost, and vtec will not open up the engine until after 5500 rpms.