Any EG6 Experts here???

D0kt3r

Eagle power EG6
5+ Year Member
I have a 93' hatchback for more then 4 months now.
In between this laps of time, i have experience 3 times the car started shaking while driving straight.

I use to drive over 200 km/hr without any shaking. When the shaking started, all 3 times I was driving with vtec turned on (maximum acceleration) inbetween 6000 ta 8000 RPM, but when it starts shaking, even I turn off the engine, the car keeps shaking till I fully stop the car.
I have notice driver side front wheel gets very hot when this happens. (CAR IS LHD)
I have just put brand new tires, it did the same with old tires.
When I start driving again, it drives like nothing happend. Soft and smooth!

Any one who had this problem before and knows exactly what is wrong can please guide me for fixing this problem???

Thank you! :cool:

oddeb707

R.I.P Stephen Jackson
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Maybe a motor mount.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
~Alignment can sometimes be the culprit like that but in this case its mostly unlikely.

~Check your motor mounts like oddeb707 said

~Check you oil to make sure its at proper level. I say this because you say it's only when vtec is on, and essential vtec raises the oil pressure to lock everything in place to lift all valves.

~You say you turn off the engine and it still shakes, with the wheel that is hot, could be a problem in the transmission or drive train

That's all I can think of, not sure if I'm correct or not but just some things I would think could be the problem

D0kt3r

Eagle power EG6
5+ Year Member
Maybe a motor mount.
Cannot be motor mount. If it start shaking, even I turn off the motor, mean while the car is still moving it keeps on shaking.

P.S. Motor mount are brand new installed

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You got stiff motor mounts. What do you need to go so fast for? Of course it will shake at those speeds.

D0kt3r

Eagle power EG6
5+ Year Member
~Alignment can sometimes be the culprit like that but in this case its mostly unlikely.

~Check your motor mounts like oddeb707 said

~Check you oil to make sure its at proper level. I say this because you say it's only when vtec is on, and essential vtec raises the oil pressure to lock everything in place to lift all valves.

~You say you turn off the engine and it still shakes, with the wheel that is hot, could be a problem in the transmission or drive train

That's all I can think of, not sure if I'm correct or not but just some things I would think could be the problem
If im driving on a straight way, I take my hands from the steering-wheel, the car goes straight. It do not take to left neither to right. I think that means to say "Alignment is ok!"

Oil is being checked every day, and I dont have no oil leak. My oil level always has been ok.

What I have just notice, the wheel is getting hot even the car is driven normally without shaking.
its a manual tranny 5 spd. i notice also the wheel is hard to turn by hand while having it in neutral with the car on a jack.

sf22189

names Brenton
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What I have just notice, the wheel is getting hot even the car is driven normally without shaking.
its a manual tranny 5 spd. i notice also the wheel is hard to turn by hand while having it in neutral with the car on a jack.
This is making me think that its something to do with tranny, axles, or brake system

253eg

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
You ever remove that hideous eagle painting from your car?

D0kt3r

Eagle power EG6
5+ Year Member
This is making me think that its something to do with tranny, axles, or brake system
i do think axles or brake system. I feel more in the direction of the axel. I start feeling some tock tock sound if i make the car nockle in 1st gear. But its confusing me, I just drove around just now for about 20 minuts and the wheel did not got hot this time.

You ever remove that hideous eagle painting from your car?
Uhmmm I will never remove it. you have a problem with it?
Send your hood to me, and I will airbrush a beautifull snake (cobra) on the hood for you. :twisted:

D0kt3r

Eagle power EG6
5+ Year Member
WIth that piss poor attitude I'm surprised people are even helping.
I will not miss no one who is trying to help. Or you do help or just keep ur comments for other funny post entry around there.
Sign in on MSN or yahoo and look for some friends and start chatting if you dont have nothing to do.
its so simple, why make it deficult and thro garbich in my topic???? why???
Its a waste of time and internet space. Dont you agree with me???

31dev31

Chillin' Canadian Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Am I not getting the feeling that it might be the wheel bearings?

Midnight_EG

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
It can be wheel bearings also, but how can i be sure about it?
Is there any way to test and figure it out??
yeah put your car in the air and hold your wheel at each side, gently shake it and if you hear a clinking sound your bearings are gone, then check on the passenger side too, give them a thorough shake too.

D0kt3r

Eagle power EG6
5+ Year Member
yeah put your car in the air and hold your wheel at each side, gently shake it and if you hear a clinking sound your bearings are gone, then check on the passenger side too, give them a thorough shake too.
Ok I will do it today and post results later.
Thanks.

EG Hatch

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Wheel bearings wouldn't cause the wheel to heat up. I know, I just replaced mine because they were bad. I did read the forum just to let you know. Your brakes could be seizing but then it would cause it to pull to either side which you say it isn't. If your wheel moves out of the ordinary in the air then you need some attention there.

civic92si

Gina my Lady in red
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
could be your motor mount if it shake hard when you shift gear. or check your Map sensor, IAC sensor, and do you hear a hard knocking?

D0kt3r

Eagle power EG6
5+ Year Member
Wheel bearings wouldn't cause the wheel to heat up. I know, I just replaced mine because they were bad. I did read the forum just to let you know. Your brakes could be seizing but then it would cause it to pull to either side which you say it isn't. If your wheel moves out of the ordinary in the air then you need some attention there.

Hold on here! I think we are getting closer to the problem. Its not the bearings. There is no shaking and there seems nothing wrong if i shake the wheel with my hands.

I think its THE BRAKES ARE SEIZING.

YES.., cause when it starts shaking i feel the steering puling on my hand side (driver side) and its same wheel side getting hot. And I have notice the wheel not getting hot all the time. Only once a while, and all the time shaking starts.

But how to solve this seizing problem. I use front and back brake pads. Its looks like the front pads are new installed from the time i bought the car 4 months agoo. They are way thicker in compare with the rear brake pads.

Rear wheels turns smood by hand, front wheels are stif, hard to turn by hand.

Midnight_EG

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hold on here! I think we are getting closer to the problem. Its not the bearings. There is no shaking and there seems nothing wrong if i shake the wheel with my hands.

I think its THE BRAKES ARE SEIZING.

YES.., cause when it starts shaking i feel the steering puling on my hand side (driver side) and its same wheel side getting hot. And I have notice the wheel not getting hot all the time. Only once a while, and all the time shaking starts.

But how to solve this seizing problem. I use front and back brake pads. Its looks like the front pads are new installed from the time i bought the car 4 months agoo. They are way thicker in compare with the rear brake pads.

Rear wheels turns smood by hand, front wheels are stif, hard to turn by hand.
pads are rubbing off the rotor as it spins maybe

do a swapover on your wheels and pads, switch fronts to rear all round, including pads and check if there is rubbing still.