Any Help is appreciated!

EluSive2K

OG Club Civic DJ!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So i just replaced all kinds of parts on my hatch. It was working just fine, until one day i went to long john silvers with the parents, and the speed bumps were enormous. I didnt think it would affect my car much, it did scrape. But it just seems like after that speedbump, the car was hard to start. Like if it sits for a couple days, its hard to start, and kinda sounds like it wants to backfire. I think sometimes it does. And it rough idles. I took it to a shop and they couldnt find anything wrong with it. They just said to check the battery, which was bad, so i replaced that. I even tried another ECU, and mine is just fine. So now i just take off the battery cables when i leave it alone! Funny thing is, once it gets started, and runs for a while, i can turn it off and start it up with no problems. Does anyone know what this could be, or how i might be able to correct this problem? It runs perfectly fine, i just want it in top running condition from start to finish. Thanks in advance.
*Sorry for the long story

J32a2OwnsU

Resident Old Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I take it this DIDNT happen before the speedbump incident??? Just odd....Umm cold weather?? I cant decipher where you are from by your area codes....

Redline9

^PIMPISH^
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Maybe it was a coincedence sumthin went wrong the same day of the threaded speed bump? Cuz i dont think nothin that will effect the start hangs that low.

jokenfu21

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
coincidence? maybe...I don't know about the problem in starting it. did you check if you have an exhaust leack? maybe that's what the backfire is all about. I haven't seen you around town man...ever come around stockton? i was in 'Teca town this weekend. at least going through it anyway...=)

EluSive2K

OG Club Civic DJ!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I will recheck the exhaust flow, make shure its all snug and tight.
jokenfu21- hit me up on the celly, PM me for my number.

blazinrex

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok i understand that u cant start it after letting it sit and older cars can have this happen. u sayed that the battery was bad until u replaced it. im not seeing this being an exhaust or header problem. the fuel pump is at the rear. check that. then i suggest you then figure out what cuased that battery to go bad. possible alternator problem may explain the reason it is hard to start. and dont just check these to components and throw new parts at it and hope that it works becuase u cant do that. u need to succesfully diagnose the reason these parts could be bad.

EluSive2K

OG Club Civic DJ!!!
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Oh trust me, i got down in there with a voltmeter. Its fine, and i did replace the alternator, the old one was bad, but that was like way before this problem happened. Funny thing is i took it to a friends shop and they couldnt even find anything wrong with it.

blazinrex

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
EluSive2K said:
Oh trust me, i got down in there with a voltmeter. Its fine, and i did replace the alternator, the old one was bad, but that was like way before this problem happened. Funny thing is i took it to a friends shop and they couldnt even find anything wrong with it.

that is extremly wierd but what you need to do is take it to the local honda dealer. they may charge you your arms and legs you should do it. or you really need to sit and think about the things that could cuase this and diagnose the reason that the alter. and the battery were bad. this could tell you something. u have to understand you cant throw parts at it and expect this problem to go away, u have to find whats making these parts go bad.
check and double check and triple check everything uve done and think long and hard.

blazinrex

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i realize you changed the alter. and that it was way before this began to happen. but things tend to go bad very slowly.

LoKee05

L0-K33*Creat10n5
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Its probly somthing electrical. thats probly the only reason that if you let it sit fo a couple of days its hard to start. The only thing that is possible is that you didnt change your oil in like 3 years but thats highly unlikely. knowing honda owners that actually care about theyre car. Im pointing at alternator.

LoKee05

L0-K33*Creat10n5
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
If you bought a rebuilt alt. those are junk. if you bought a new alternator, that also my be junk, But under warranty.

blazinrex

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
LoKee05 said:
Its probly somthing electrical. thats probly the only reason that if you let it sit fo a couple of days its hard to start. The only thing that is possible is that you didnt change your oil in like 3 years but thats highly unlikely. knowing honda owners that actually care about theyre car. Im pointing at alternator.

your right becuase its new dont mean it works but i wanna know how oil plays a role in this, clue me in u sound like a master techinician.