Any one with experiences with Neptune?

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
how much does the license cost? how does it compare to hondata, uber, and crome? ive havent really heard anything about it. so i just want some input. im asking this because there is a shop that is close by that i want to tune my car cuz they have tons of vouches and good tuning experience. the catch is they only use hondata or neptune. or where can i read up on it?

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
no experiences huh?

93turbo16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shiznit said:
no experiences huh?

Neptune is pretty much the s**t. If you want to spend the money on it then go for it.

I prefer crome pro just because of the price. For neptune it is $300, plus tuning and dyno tune, you get a price tag of about $600.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
so then how would you compare neptune to hondata since they are about the same in price range.

93turbo16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Shiznit said:
so then how would you compare neptune to hondata since they are about the same in price range.
Neptune > all others.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
lol okay. how much is the license for crome pro?

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
jeff evans devolped it, go to www.evans-tuning.com to read up

i am going to jeff when my turbo setup is done this winter, and i will be going neptune. he is one of the best tuners in the country, if not the best. located in PA

93turbo16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stealthy said:
jeff evans devolped it, go to www.evans-tuning.com to read up

i am going to jeff when my turbo setup is done this winter, and i will be going neptune. he is one of the best tuners in the country, if not the best. located in PA
Jeff definitley didn't develop it. He helped with features and and testing it and gave insight to HRTUNING.. who wrote and developed the system.

Don't get me wrong, Jeff had a hand in the testing/adding features, but he didn't write the program.

stealthy

4 Doors For More Whores
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
93turbo16 said:
Jeff definitley didn't develop it. He helped with features and and testing it and gave insight to HRTUNING.. who wrote and developed the system.

Don't get me wrong, Jeff had a hand in the testing/adding features, but he didn't write the program.
i guess i misunderstood.....regardless, jeff knows his s**t better than almost anyone when it comes to tuning especially with neptune

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
yeah ive heard great thing about jeff evans. hes too far though.

93turbo16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
stealthy said:
i guess i misunderstood.....regardless, jeff knows his s**t better than almost anyone when it comes to tuning especially with neptune

He does know his s**t. I can't put that past him.

But there are plenty of tuners out there that tune neptune just as good as he can. ;)

Check out the tuners list on HRTUNINGs website. They have a list of who tunes in your area.

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
thanks for that link. that gave me all the info on neptune that i need. loooks like im going neptune. quick question, do all i need is a chip? or do i need that board thats in that link? and im assuming that i can jsut go to a dealer and get one?

LatinEM2

La Raza #2
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i was just about to say that jeff evans did not develop Neputune...hrtuning did and he is also in azht.net

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
i asked this question on that forum too lol

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
whats so much better aboout neptune than hondata? i was planning on goin the hondata route but...

Shiznit

Stickin it to the Man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
List of Features for Hondata s300 said:
Features

Main features:

Fits inside the ECU
Built on the proven s100/s200 code base
USB connection for speed and compatibility
SManager Windows based software for parameter & table editing, calibration uploading and datalogging.
Real-time updating of ECU
Built in calibrations for common engine combinations
Built in datalogging to a laptop
On board datalogging memory (2 MB memory, 20-60 minutes datalogging)
Adjustment for different sized injectors, with overall fuel trim.
Configurable for any MAP sensor (to at 5 Bar and above)
TPS based table lookup for ITBs
Engine protection from over boost.
Expanded fuel and ignition tables, both in rpm and load, to 60 lbs boost and 11,000 rpm (these are not the upper limits)
Launch control with anti-lag
Full throttle shift
Two multi purpose outputs for nitrous control or similar
Lambda tracing (with a wideband o2 sensor)
PWM output for boost control

SManager editing software features:

High and low speed 24 x 20 ignition and fuel tables for correct VTEC tuning
Injector size fuel trim
Fuel trim for starting, throttle tip in and individual cylinder trim
Rev limiter with fuel cut or fuel and ignition cut
Launch control with anti-lag
Full throttle shift
Adjustable VTEC window with load and throttle control
Secondary intake runner control
Adjustable idle speed
MAP sensor type and calibration
Adjustable boost cut with hot and cold settings
Shift light
Closed loop control
Air temperature compensation
Water temperature compensation
Fuel and ignition correction based on gear
A/C shutoff conditions
Closed loop
Two general purpose outputs for nitrous control, dual boost control or similar
On board datalogging trigger conditions
The s300 uses different connecting pins in the ECU from the s100/s200, and also has a slot cut in the side for the USB connector, so the ECU must be modified for use with the s300. The s300 is made to fit in a full frame ECU case (US and most markets), so will not fit in a JDM ECU case.

Connection

The s300 uses a high speed USB connection for both programming calibrations and datalogging. No more USB/serial connectors!

Real-time Update

The s300 can be updated in real-time with the engine running without affecting the operation of the vehicle. This means that calibrations and changes can be uploaded to the ECU very quickly (2 seconds for a new calibration, a fraction of a second for anything else), without interrupting the operation of the engine. Changes made in the SManager software are uploaded to the ECU instantly and you can see the effect immediately. The s300 does not use an EEPROM or equivalent, so you never need to open the ECU to change chips nor 'burn' ROMs. No EPROM programmer is necessary - you just need a laptop with USB port.

Datalogging

The s300 has datalogging to the SManager software built in via the USB port. Using a laptop the various ECU sensors can be datalogged, viewed, graphed and saved for later analysis.

Additionally the s300 has on board flash memory which allows a datalog recordings to be made without a laptop, for later access and download to a laptop. Multiple recordings can be made and stored in the s300 for a total of around 40 minutes of total datalogging time. An external switch can be used to start and stop recordings, or engine conditions can trigger recording. For instance in a drag race, the s300 can be set to start recording once the rpm is bought up to near launch rpm and automatically stop once past the traps and the rpm drops below a certain level.

MAP Sensor Compatibility

Any linear MAP sensor can be used, using a scalar and offset to translate the MAP sensor characteristics into pressure. Popular MAP sensor settings are built in for ease of setup. To do this you will need the map sensor calibration numbers from the manufacturer of the sensor.

ECU Preparation

Details on preparing the ECU can be found here. It is strongly recommended that you have this professionally installed as this is more difficult to install than an s200 and if the ECU has been previously socketed you run an even higher risk of damaging the ECU (lifting tracks and or burning them).

s300j Specific Notes

PCS output is not present on the JDM ECUs and cannot be used for nitrous controls. All other inputs and outputs are present and can be used for nitrous controls.
Never Ending List of Features of Neptune said:

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ohhhh... damn!
ok, the hondata is plug n play basically (you put it right on the ecu right.) well what about the neptune system? is it simular P'N'P like hondata? also, i dunno anyone that tunes using neptune here in florida.

93turbo16

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
sohclubkid said:
ohhhh... damn!
ok, the hondata is plug n play basically (you put it right on the ecu right.) well what about the neptune system? is it simular P'N'P like hondata? also, i dunno anyone that tunes using neptune here in florida.

You set up a Neptune ecu the same way you do a hondata S200 ecu.

sohclubkid

Sick 6/6
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
93turbo16 said:
You set up a Neptune ecu the same way you do a hondata S200 ecu.
hmm... you think a knowledgable tuner could tune with the neptune system, even if its new software for them? im really liking it...:D

edit: where can i buy it at?