Anyone ever get a loud music ticket?

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
It was totally BS. A sunny Saturday.. 5 o'clock in a fairly main St. where cars zoom by. I was following my parents to go jet skiing doing the speed limit and then.. Blue lights. He was parked waiting for something and then he got me. It was not loud at all. He showed no meter wat-so-ever.

I got court on Thurs.. Just wondering if you guys ever had one. As well as any info i could use for fighting the ticket. Thanks.

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Yep...my bro got one...

ScratchNSniff

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Ended up getting community service for it instead of the fine, but it pretty much is what it is...if the music was loud enough for the officer to hear it in his car then it honestly was probably to loud...even if not so for you...

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
No. But one time a few years back the cop motioned with his fingers for me to turn it down. Wasnt too loud, but it was louder than normal.

hooked_on4

RegularFlush
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
if he has no meter than it should be dissmissed.

GL gangster :D

I once got out of a speeding ticket, someone told me to check the SN off the gun that's written on the ticket. You can check the courthouse to see when it was last calibrated, if it's been over 2 weeks you get your ticket dropped. He failed to even put the SN on the ticket so i got away w/it hehe.

arod52388

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ive never got a ticket for loud music but i have been yelled at by a cop tellin me to put it down

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jesus how loud were you listening to music to have a cop stop you? My ears and head can't take loud music anymore. I get a headache after about 2 minutes of it.

I don't see how you'd fight it though...

Chris.

Stickin' it to the man
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i got a warning for noise disturbance once... i turned it down and went on my way... just do that and save yourself hassle.

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i love loud music. Specially when its comming out of a sick sound system, although i like to hear my motor when drive, i keep it pretty low.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
This is going to be a "he said" "he said" ticket. Officers going to say its too loud, you're going to say it wasn't, blah blah. Call the courthouse, and see what the law is about the music.

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
idk about florida, but CA doesnt have any meters or anything for loud stereos/exhaust. its all at the cops discretion and if he or she feels its too loud then thats that.

wannabe

law abiding smog tech
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
speak up son, i cant hear you. im bumpin my 98* so all the ladies will holla at me.

knightxrider1

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i have one speeding ticket. i paid that one because i admit i sped. but this one.. doesnt feel right. i was doing nothing harmless. the law is anything of 25ft. away if he hears it. its a ticket.

If i saw the cop.. i would have turned it down....

im fighting it because i was very polite while he was very rude.

He pulls me over. and asks for Lis. reg and proof of ins. while give it to him... I ask him why im getting pulled over.. He rudely tells me the music is too loud. then to wait here. I never got a chance to defend myself. he wrote it and quickly drove off. it was like... classic ass-hole cop move.

just answering for maybe more info on people who fought tickets. thanks.