Anyone ever heard of these cams?

darian_hagen_9

nippon? sounds sexy, but i think your best bet would be to go with a proven, well known brand, better to do it right the first time, then to rip it all apart because of a cheaper "self destructing" cam

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
FYI - this doesn't belong in the How-To section. Moved for you.

Never heard of em.

emerican

Registered VIP
Ive personally never heard of them. Like stated above always save up the money and go with a well known proven company especially for something as important as cams.

95CTR

52mpg? I do it all day.
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Nippon is a wel known brand in the Nissan and Toyota circles, they make decent stuff but like others have said id go with something thats a little more proven in the honda game

and just a piece of food for thought, ignore all that "STAGE2" "STAGE3" blah blah blah crap when it comes to anything concerning cams, valve train (i.e. springs, valves, retainers) and clutches, all thoes are are words to make people that dont know what they are doing buy them.

actually sit down and do your math on what cam(s) you want base on how you want the car to ast in certain RPM ranges and as far as building a motor goes the cam should be the first thing you pick because you can get a whole bunch of parts that all say they work together (like all STAGE2 parts) and the thing runs like ass after youve dumped all this money on it...

its all about the numbers nad the math and doing it right the first time.

sorry for the rant.... hope

Ej8Kid

Too Much Traction
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I did a quick search and found these lol

I say get something popular and known to make power. I have Skunk2 Tuner 2s on mine.