anyone ever painted intake??

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i didnt mean like chemically how lol
just how you did it on your own. Anyways, looks good, your valve cover will look pretty cool, just maybe not as much flake in it

CivicALC

DUBsteP Saved mY LifE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol ok should i make it more black..or more green.. the valve cover

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
im thinking more black, but its ultimately up to you you might have a better idea from seeing it in person.

BTW the intake looks almost like an eel lol. sweeet.

CivicALC

DUBsteP Saved mY LifE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
lol the shape is weird right? lol i reallly wanted to keep my strut bar but didn't wana go to a stock intake. sucks i had to hack up my brand new aem tho..

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
damn dude, thats sacrifice right there. Hey, when you redo your valve cover sand off the lettering when your done or have it painted a different color, it will look soooo good.

CivicALC

DUBsteP Saved mY LifE
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i tryed doing that when i painted it ust black.. and i screwed up bc i cannpt paint in that little of a surface. i tryed i cant mask off allll those letters too lol i dono how everyone does it to be honest lol tryed a paint marker too.. shitty

JDMNorth

Work In Progress.
5+ Year Member
CivicALC..
To post bigger pictures, just scroll down alot.

Pick one of the 2 pictures. and take the resolution or sizing banner off.

eskateboarding7

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i tryed doing that when i painted it ust black.. and i screwed up bc i cannpt paint in that little of a surface. i tryed i cant mask off allll those letters too lol i dono how everyone does it to be honest lol tryed a paint marker too.. shitty
I put masking tape over the whole thing with some overlap, then took a razor blade and cut the letters out, worked fine the first time i painted. I just repainted and sanded the top off for a brushed lettering look, looks sooo good.