Anyone have a AEM CAI?

XxDarknessxX

5+ Year Member
I'm looking for a CAI and I want to get AEM for my 07 Civic Si Sedan. But I don't know if they come with the hole for the Air Flow Sensor. I want to know if someone have one to tell me about it. And is AEM the best in the market. What u guys think. Thanks for ur help.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
the aem unit does come with the MAF hole, however you may have a cel thrown with the aem unit, and also run lean if you use there's, the better route to go is the X-factor intake, which is a midified cr-v tube, with the stock MAF housing, which has been dyno proved time and time again to be the best intake ever developed for the new Si's, give the best air fuel ratio which is etremely close to the stock ratio, while still producing the most power of any intake made to date at 14hp gained, they run about 300.00, and there is a waiting list to get one unless you try to make it yourself, which the result might not be the same, more info can be found on 8thcivic.com .

90and90

5+ Year Member
Unfortunately your incorrect =\ aem corrected their cel problem last year. I purchased 3 cai's to compare and I settled with a fujita. Its mostly about preference and what your paying. I haven't heard about the above intake and I am vip member at 8thcivic.... You are also incorrect about loss of hp, you actually loose torque at your low end and gain hp at the high, as far as helping in your 60 second time is completely different. Its all about how you drive it and where you drive it (rpm's). hopefully this helps.

-Todd

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Unfortunately your incorrect =\ aem corrected their cel problem last year. I purchased 3 cai's to compare and I settled with a fujita. Its mostly about preference and what your paying. I haven't heard about the above intake and I am vip member at 8thcivic.... You are also incorrect about loss of hp, you actually loose torque at your low end and gain hp at the high, as far as helping in your 60 second time is completely different. Its all about how you drive it and where you drive it (rpm's). hopefully this helps.

-Todd
If aem corrected this then cool, but still the gains from the X-intake are much better then aem, way better. I never said anything about a loss in hp, so how am i wrong about that? And being a VIP member on 8thcivic doesn't have nothing to do with knowing anything, just goes to show that you must not vist the bolt on section very often, if next to never.

WeSellCarParts

5+ Year Member
CAI wise - Injen has been our dominant seller. AEM does sell well too though.

SRI wise - Fujita without a doubt sells the best and seems to have the best gains out of what we carry.

Dan

yelohandL

5+ Year Member
haha well i have aem cai my self and i think aem is well known for easy usage of filter, n i do agree wit person above me with injen being the best seller, but if you go wit aem, you don have to worry bout oiling n stuff like that to clean up the filter, n i like aem haha, its easy to use and still give you good flow, n no it does not lit up the cel

WeSellCarParts

5+ Year Member
I never said injen is the best seller, I said Injen has been OUR best (dominant) seller.

I have a lot of AEM and Injen in stock ready to go and Injen for 06+ Civic Si in Black sells out before anything else...

Dan