Anyone have a Comptech Short Shifer Adapter.

XxDarknessxX

5+ Year Member
I just want to know if Comptech short shifer adapter are good or bad. For a 07 Civic Si Sedan. =) or :(. And is it easy to put on.

killer_siller

my real car is a toyota
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
out of curiosity, what's wrong with the stock throw?

killer_siller

my real car is a toyota
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
*shrug* i guess if that's what you want.

i honestly think the FA5/FG2 shift throw and feel is about as close to perfect as man can be. it's beautiful. there are, of course, downsides to short throws, and as you get shorter they get worse.

an example is the short throw setup i have in my MR2. it's clunky, gatey, and notchy, but i'm no longer using my shoulder to throw gears. THAT is, in my opinion, the only reason for a short throw shifter: decrease the amount of shoulder and arm movement required to shift. once you've got it down to merely wrist and hand movement (like the FA5/FG2) i doubt you'll gain any advantage by shortenning it any more.

Tom

honda.co.jp
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
i like how my FA5 shifts stock, stick height is perfect to imo.

TheCrazy1

i-VTEC addict
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
The short shifters available won't change the height, just shortens the throws...

doug piston

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
its sweet. also have the shifter bushings and the weighted skunk2 its sex

doug piston

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
took 15 mins.... its just an adapter that goes over the bottom of the stock rod... i would do the auger shift boot at the same time though cause youll have to take it off and the auger boot looks real nice

Declectic

SeanJohn1802
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
red stitching :thumbup: to match everything else that has red stitching

killer_siller

my real car is a toyota
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i want a mesh shift boot...like of an NSX-R

and honestly i don't see the reason for an aftermarket shift knob or short-shifter. the stock knob is so perfect i'm buying one and rethreading it for my toyota