anyone have "JDM Sport" suspension? anything good or bad to say about it?

ron burgundy

hey I have a 2000 ex coupe
And I am currently look for some new suspension for my, im currently lowerd on some POS!! Coilovers. Just some straight up ebay short spring and adjustable sleeve on stocm struts(oem stuts are totally bottomed out, worst ride ever, ... just really nasty ride I really cant stand it sometimes,

Soo im looking for some Gooodd legit coilovers ful suspension,and my friend has these JDM SPORT coilovers that he got for 750 from a local mod shop and he says there f***n great, and im probably gointo end up getting them they are 32 way dampable and fully adjustable and the acsually strut also is height ajustable,

And before I buy them I was wondering if anone has anything to say about the. Good or bad,

And or is anyone wants to recommend some better ones for the same price??

P.s. im looking for a pretty substantial drop, depending on how good tge ride will be at that droppd level

Last edited by a moderator:

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Ive never heard of that brand, but with a catch-phrase name such as "JDM Sport" I would fear its just generic quality garbage. If you insist on purchasing coilovers, then I'd suggest the route of a known quality brand such as the Tein Street Basis Coilovers (about $650).

ron burgundy

Ahh the wise hex, thanks for ur opinion I have heard alot about those tein coil overs on that link u gave me on another thread( that was a damn good link u gave me)
I suppose I will look into those,
But my friend just loves these things ive never heard of them before my friend got them but first hand he says they have a lifetime warranty and he rides them really low and in the hardest damp setting possible and ive drove in his car a few times and its not so bad even in the lowest setting, just wondering if anyone on here has had any experience with them, that is a wose assumption Though hex I will consider the tein coilovers,

Do you know how low I can drop my car on those tein coilovers?

And are they dampable??

Annd if anyone has any experience with the tein basics
Please speak up about The ride quality and how low u ride them
Thanks

young_

out on bail
Staff member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get koni/ground control for your suspension.

Hex is right. Jdm sport sounds like generic crap. JDM stands for Japanese domestic market. It's like what's normal for cars in japan. So.. A Japanese oem suspension would be what it sounds like.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Stay away from it.

Be weary of anything that has "JDM" placed anywhere in the name of it. It's 99% of the time going to be overpriced crap from a no name company.

For just a little more than $750 you can get the Koni/Ground-Control setup which will be leaps and bounds better and last forever. If it doesn't, they have lifetime warranties so you'll be good. Research them, buy, install, be happy.

HeX

Authoritah, respected.
Staff member
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Get koni/ground control for your suspension. .
For just a little more than $750 you can get the Koni/Ground-Control setup which will be leaps and bounds better and last forever. If it doesn't, they have lifetime warranties so you'll be good. Research them, buy, install, be happy.
I definitely love Koni products. I personally am not familiar with the combo of Koni struts with Ground Controls Coilovers, but I have heard good things. Either way, you cant go wrong with Koni. I have Koni Str.Ts on my current Civic and had Koni sports on my '95 Legend coupe and theyve been excellent. Perhaps these guys can suggest which Koni struts would work best with the Ground Controls.

Buddy, please start learning how to search on Google. You dont need to ask us general product info when you can look it up. I provided some links with more info for you, but you're on your own after this one ;)

Tein Street Basis Info

Ground Control Coilover Info

Furthermore, dont spend about the same money on an unproven brand when you can spend it on proven quality. Its just not worth the long term risk.

ron burgundy

I wish u guys would actually look it up before u say stuff like that
Jdm sport"" was the brand name,
There not generic "jdm sport susper"
The brand is JDM SPORT
The coovers are called like
The DL series or somthing
Look them up please they look and the description seems nice?

But I will consider other coilovers im still looking I do appreciate the input, new or un heardof brands can be crap,

But a lifetime warranty??? Thats pretty decent?
My friend got it from a pretty decent mod shop, they sell NRG stuff racaros no fake knock stuff,

Awh but hex I do enjoy the conversation lol
Club civic is way more entertaining than google ma man.

Ill come at u guys with some good questions next time haha

lowlife9

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yup just re-branded K-sport,D2,Godspeed,Megan,BCracing,J2,skunk2 etc etc if you bulk order these from the company in china where there made you can have the colors changed and have them called whatever you want then sell them on ebay.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I wish u guys would actually look it up before u say stuff like that
Jdm sport"" was the brand name,
There not generic "jdm sport susper"
The brand is JDM SPORT
The coovers are called like
The DL series or somthing
Look them up please they look and the description seems nice?

But I will consider other coilovers im still looking I do appreciate the input, new or un heardof brands can be crap,

But a lifetime warranty??? Thats pretty decent?
My friend got it from a pretty decent mod shop, they sell NRG stuff racaros no fake knock stuff,
I didn't have to look it up to already know it's crap. "JDM Sport" is the brand? That is the most generic POS name for a brand ever LOL. That alone tells me enough to not buy anything from them. But, I looked it up. Yup, garbage. I've never even heard of the brand even with how generic the name is. I found their we site which is a joke.

I found this YouTube video they made, which is stupid.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KNMlUzMRYkQ

Whan I can tell from the video:
Their whole coilover looks EXACTLY the same that a million other unknown companies use. Same design, same specs, even same color combination . The springs they use are not know springs brands(ie: eibach, swift, Hypercoil, tein, etc..). The video claims certain springs rates , which being unknown branded springs, I wouldn't trust it. The video misspells damping with "dampening". They claim 32-way adjustability which off the bat is stupid and not true(go look up some shock dynos). Them with those 32 levels they claim 0-8 is track use, 9-16 aggressive driving, and 17-32 street use. All of which doesn't make sense for them to claim. And then to top it all off, they show a 240 drifting... :roll eyes: Should I go on about how these suck?

Again, for not much more you can get Koni/GC which is by far the most popular, tested and proven supension out there. For the price there LITERALLY is nothing better.

cgpEJ6

noob
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
They look like junk and at $750 there are better options but it sounds like you're set on getting them anyways so I hope they work out for you.

EgCivicKid

I mean obviously you've made your mind up. Anytime someone mentions a different setup all you care about is a the JDM sport suspension. This is our opinion. Anything with JDM in its name unless and even password jdm is generic. That'd be like me putting JDM civic for sale on CL everyone would be like wtf and it's be riced out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ron burgundy

Im not set on these jdmsport coils in the least,
I just felt like some of u guys were just bashing it,

,"stat away from it" doesnt help or really encourage me to stay from it lol,

But I really liked what acouple if u said, unfortunately

Exspeedy had an awsome post

Im also looking at the skunk2 coilovers pro s2,????????

Does anyone have anything bad to say about these?
These are also about 700 bukdS

Id really like some opinions on these please
http://store.skunk2.com/suspension-tuning/pro-series-coilovers/pro-s-ii-coilovers/pro-s-coilovers-2165.html

ron burgundy

I will look into the ground control, thank you =)

i have a few questions about Koni/ ground control
I DRIVE A 2000 EX KEEP IN MIND

1. So Koni shocks and the ground control coils??
Bought separate then combined??

2.witch koni shocks?
Witch ground control springs? Witch rate?

3.HOW LOW WILL I BE ABLE TO GO WITH THESE?

4. Where should I buy?

.. that would be fine for now
Thank you
And also if u have any other suggestions for suspension in the 700 range (im looking to go pretty low not stupied low but fairly low)/SIZE]

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
1. Sorry but I'm having a hard time trying to read your post.
2. Ground Control sleeves come for whatever shock you have. Except if you end up getting Koni yellows then they will specifically be for these shocks. You can get custom spring rates or go for whatever they have in stock. Search around the net to find one that interest you.
3. You can go pretty low with these. I tuck my tire in the front. It's not even half way yet. I eliminated the wheel gap on the back on my car. Want to go a little lower but I will soon.
4. You can buy from CC store.

ron burgundy

Thank you,
So I ment 1. Do you use the koni shock, then buy the Ground control coilover sleeves seperate??
The ground controls dont come in the shocks?
Its not a full coilover but 2 seperate peices from 2 different manufacturers?

I guess that answers my questiongs?

So is the yellow shock the top notch one?,

And if I get the yellow stut theres a specific spring sleeve for it?,

What spring rate would u recommend for a 2000, Ex
I will not be hitting the track in this car but I would like to take corners faster,

Im current ly riding the bump stops
And its bouncy as f**k. . Haha
I Do Not Want to be bouncing around atall of posible
I just want to be low and have a awsome ride( not bouncing around like hell, a few bumps would be understandable I guess, being lowerd and all,)

Turbo_Freak

BAMF
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yes. the two are from different companies. Keep in mind that if you order Koni yellow shocks and Ground Control sleeves, the sleeves will be made specifically for that shock. Honestly, I can't recommend you a spring rate. Funny thing is that I don't even know which one I have. I didn't do my research and just bought it.

ron burgundy

If everyone could please vote on, the best coil over/ suspension pair/kit in the CC store?????
For 700 dallors or under

Function and forum?
Skunk2
Apex?
Megan???

Koni with ground control?/H&R ???

Im so confused on what to get soo many choices

A full suspension coilover kit would be ideal

Pairing the spring and strut and ordering separate seems alittle nerve rackong????????
Ive heard some great things about the koni shocks and GC sleevs or H&R sleevs?????

MiketheDyke

5+ Year Member
Man, please search! Look up reviews on all choices and pick which one is best for you.

Sent from my phone