Anyone have R/C buggies/ trucks?

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So I was cleaning out my Grandmother's basement and found one of my old R/C trucks. Nothing special, just a standard one you can buy at Toys R Us. I charged it up and it was a lot of fun. I was running it in the grass and it was slow and struggling. I was thinking of getting something better/ faster etc. I just want to run on batteries and I don't want to get too into the hobby. Just an off-road buggy or truck to play with from time to time.

Anyone have any suggestions? The only decent brand I know of is Tamiya. I've looked on eBay, but I'm not knowledgeable enough about the hardware to make a good purchase.

Comments/ suggestions welcome.

Liz

c=}:::::::>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You should buy my RC10GT. Its a nitro goes around 40mph. Its a RTR truck.

I just don't ever drive the thing anymore at all. Only put a half gallon of gas through it.

No I am not sure if I would want to sale it. Its fun just the type of thing I don't really have time for anymore.

roaddogg3034

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have a traxxas Rustler. its meant for dirt and off-roading. but i also bought some street tires for it for our driveway lol. its just battery powered, but its pretty fast. it outruns our neighbors lab.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Stuff sounds good. Any advice what I should look for in a new/ used RTR? I only want to run with batteries.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
96greencivic said:
Stuff sounds good. Any advice what I should look for in a new/ used RTR? I only want to run with batteries.
If you want RTR and batteries, Traxxas is the way to go, you can't fail going with them.
The customer service is top notch, they've been doing RTR for YEARS and they have some of the best in the hobby.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
No Regrets said:
If you want RTR and batteries, Traxxas is the way to go, you can't fail going with them.
The customer service is top notch, they've been doing RTR for YEARS and they have some of the best in the hobby.
Thanks, there seems to be quite a few on eBay. Any recommendations where to buy a new one besides eBay?

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
96greencivic said:
Thanks, there seems to be quite a few on eBay. Any recommendations where to buy a new one besides eBay?
http://towerhobbies.com/

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0161p?&I=LZ1383**
That's a great combo for the price, I bought a rustler for that much awhile back.

Remember, your going to need more then one battery pack unless you don't mind waiting 30 minutes for one to charge..
Don't ever leave a battery pack fully charged for a period of time (longer then overnight) otherwise it will cause a "memory" and you will never get the same charge and run again out of those batteries.. Good battery packs run about 80 bucks.

With batteries, you'll get a good 10-15 mins of play, and less if your completely on and off the throttle, that's why alot of people are going nitro, you can get a good 30 minutes of play no matter the way you use the throttle.

Liz

c=}:::::::>
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Do you have a local hobby shop at all? Most of their prices are pretty good and if something goes wrong you can get help easy.

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Liz said:
Do you have a local hobby shop at all? Most of their prices are pretty good and if something goes wrong you can get help easy.
No, I don't think we have any hobby shops around here.

I just want something faster then what you can buy at Radio Shack etc.... I don't mind buying two batteries.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
96greencivic said:
No, I don't think we have any hobby shops around here.

I just want something faster then what you can buy at Radio Shack etc.... I don't mind buying two batteries.
Then go for the Rustler, it'll be exactly what you want. :thumbup:

biglou954

Heyyyy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i got a traxxas stampede electric and that s**t is crazy like 6 inches off the ground and i got it new for like $180 for everything!

natedog61

5+ Year Member
i got a traxxis sportmaxx there soweet if anybody wants to buy it though ill sell it im low on cash

let me no

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
natedog61 said:
i got a traxxis sportmaxx there soweet if anybody wants to buy it though ill sell it im low on cash

let me no
post up some pics

Shogun

is cool
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I got a gas version on the Traxxas Rustler. I absolutly love it.

Mr. Jollypants

Mr. f**king Jollypants
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Shogun said:
I got a gas version on the Traxxas Rustler. I absolutly love it.
The associated GT2 or Team Losi XXX-NT is the way to go for a bitchin gas truck :thumbup:

I have both and I love em.

PhntmSk8r

H23VTEC
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
I have a Tamiya Pajero XB with a bunch of custom s**t done to it, fun little thing to toy around with while youre camping!

except i fried the gearbox with the spooled (locked) front/rear end, so now im on the hunt to find new gears.

JDM melbatoast

That's what she said..
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
hahaha i used to be really in rc nitro's
i have a traxxas nitro rustler with a trinity/picco and i have a ofna monster pirate with a ofna/picc engine i used a jr radio for both of the cars hahah im goign to get back into fixkign my ofna's 4wd theser thigns are a hell of a lot cheaper to drive then a civic is in chicago with gas prices hahah