Anyone here had luck with eBay 99-00 fogs????

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Hey all..

I have some OEM fogs for my 99 hatch and I couldnt be happier. My girlfriend has a 99 coupe (same color too, aww how cute) and she has been BUGGING me for some fog lights. She wants to get a Mazda next year so I dont want to splurge on the OEM fogs.

Anyon here have the fake fog lights?? How is the fitment? How do they look?

Pictures would be appreciated! Thanks!

cadieux_j

5+ Year Member
ok I'll break it down. You will spend just as much on OEMs as trying to fit the ebay ones on your car. I tried it, didnt work, brought it to a shop and they had to bend brackets, get a new harness and it still doesnt fit right, the left one sticks out just a bit. Ive have to replace bulbs twice now. Get OEM man, I paid $50 for mine with shipping and it cost me $200 all said in done to get them in....

plumers

i am a nice guy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have one. so far so good. fitments might be a little off, but that's only when you pay close attention to.

DarkCreep

D16Y8+T
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
ok I'll break it down. You will spend just as much on OEMs as trying to fit the ebay ones on your car. I tried it, didnt work, brought it to a shop and they had to bend brackets, get a new harness and it still doesnt fit right, the left one sticks out just a bit. Ive have to replace bulbs twice now. Get OEM man, I paid $50 for mine with shipping and it cost me $200 all said in done to get them in....
Maybe your bumper was twisted?

My OEMs fit perfectly with no modification except cutting the bumper.

JohnS.

BANGARANG
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
It's all just luck. Like I say to everyone about eBay products: some people have had excellent quality products while others have had shitty quality products. It's all luck.

I went through this same decision (OEM vs. eBay) for months a few years back and ended up going genuine Honda OEM for about $133 shipped. Couldn't be happier. Haven't had a single problem at all since the day I got them. On top of PIAA H3 Ion Crystal bulbs, they're awesome :thumbs up.

B16a2_ek

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
got mine on tight to..needed alittle bending but for 40 bucks it was worth the extra hour

96swpdEK

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
f**k that. dont spend money on something that shes gunna get rid of in a few months