Anyone use TracFone?

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I currently pay for a monthly Verizon cell phone for my mom and she almost doesn't even use it. Since the contract is almost up, does anyone here have any experience with Trac Fone? I'm looking for pros/ cons.

At only $10/ month for 50 minutes that she won't use up, I think it's a good deal. She's in Boston, so I'm not worried about cell coverage.

Thoughts?

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
tracfone is horrible. I worked for radio shack at one time and we tried as hard as we could to get people not to choose them. You can have full service at one point, walk a few feet and be out of the coverage area. Not to mention you can barely get service while in doors. I would suggest at&t's go phone or even virgin mobile.

flora

toaster oven
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
good advice! i was thinking about getting one of those for a friend who doesn't have a cell. thanks for the info :]

96greencivic

#1 in the Atlantic!
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Thanks man. I'll go with AT&T's go phone. Much appreciated.

Matt.

Banned
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
a plus side to at&t's go phone is that they periodically add money(minutes) to your account for no reason, its just because you're remaining a customer.

Inertial

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
lol former radioshack employee! i still work there, umm virgin mobiile and gophones work rather easily. simplicity however to add minutes virgin mobile wins. Gophones have a slightly better coverage.

Trumpet mobile just made themselves available. exclusive to the shack LOL
Virgin mobile 90$ plus a 14.99 phone and u have a phone activated for the whole year. and u can link the account up to ur credit/debt card to add money if she runs under a certain amount of money[u set that number online] i prefer virgin mobile. but gophones u can get a super cool phone on ebay cheap and use it for prepaid.

sorry for ramblin i hope i said something that helps.

90$ virgin mobile [year activation gives u 500mins]
100$ for gophone [year act. 400mins]
100$ for tracfone [year act. 330-420mins]

Tracfone.com is very slow 3/10 rating
AT&T.com 6/10
Virginmobile.com 8/10

Last edited:

Beelzebubba

SubGenius Member
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Isn't tracphone that s**t they sell at 7-11? :what:

I don't really think the 7-11 phone is what you are looking for in quality.

If you are talking about pre-paid, the minutes typically expire after like 2 months. Hey, it sucks but they make the rules.

EK|B

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
The T-Mobile To-Go prepaid is pretty good.

Jbuck2KCivic

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
Do they still have the Verizon pay as you go plan? If they do, I'd go with that.