Anyone with a H22 swaped 6th Gen

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
After alot of thought and alittle research, Ive decided on a H22 swap instead of the K20 or B18. Now, Im wondering if anyone who's swaped an H22 into their 6th Gen is happy with the motor? I know theres plenty of aftermarket support for the motor, so that Im not worried about. I just dont want to swap it in, and end up hating it. Any input is greatly apprecaited. :thumbs up

Jimmy2times

White, middle-class
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
yea idk dude, but i'm interested in doing something similar. i need to decide wut i'm doing.

bump for his request.

zipppablo

5+ Year Member
I don't think I can do whitout AC though the H22 is not Ac compatible in a ek, is the K20 AC compatible?????

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I dont have A/C now, so I dont mind not having it w/the H22. I dont wanna go w/the K20 b/c of its price. For a couple thousand less, the H22 gets about the same power. Same with the B18C (which was my other choice).

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Guys, Im not looking for WHICH motor I should swap in. Im asking anyone WITH an H22 already swaped into their 6th Gen Civic. I wanna know if there is any thing that they dont like about it and whatnot. My minds already made up. Im going w/the H22.....

h22_ek

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
the h22 is one hell of a motor i am beattin turbo and supercharged car around here no problem i love the motor and as for the k20 there is one around here that i think if we both ran street tires i would win and he has a lot more done to his car itd be close tho

h22_ek

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
and the torque out of the h22 is insane i love it very happy with the motor

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
Did you run into any major when swaping it in? I know you have to "massage" the side of the engine bay/frame to make it fit...anything else you had to do?

cruizer

5+ Year Member
well my uncle had a H22 in a 93 accord and it was a beast {i know that doesnt answer your question} so i say go for it cause no one will expect it from a 4 door civic....but i notice ur in NY so i would definitely invest in a good alarm/pager system and a couple "anti theft" switches if i were you....G/L with the build

Absolut3Zr0

The Herman Handler
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
My minds already made up. Im going w/the H22.....
If your minds made up, then why ask the question. It seems your gonna do it, so just do it and see for yourself. If you dont like it, you could always swap out again, or sell the car with swap, make some money and get another car to swap.

But all in all, I heard that the H22 will provide more torque than a civic will ever see in a lifetime. For me, that would be worth the swap even if I had to give up my a/c.

Szady

D-Series Master
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
well my uncle had a H22 in a 93 accord and it was a beast {i know that doesnt answer your question} so i say go for it cause no one will expect it from a 4 door civic....but i notice ur in NY so i would definitely invest in a good alarm/pager system and a couple "anti theft" switches if i were you....G/L with the build
Yea, but Im way up north in NY. Lake George. Nobody cares about Hondas out here. Its all about muscle cars. But yea, I am going to invest in a nice alamr system. Where are you in NY?

cruizer

5+ Year Member
Yea, but Im way up north in NY. Lake George. Nobody cares about Hondas out here. Its all about muscle cars. But yea, I am going to invest in a nice alamr system. Where are you in NY?
im in queens where imports....especially civics draw alot of attention....BTW with that H22 i hope you show those muscle cars whos BOSS

Silver Bullet

6 spd = titis
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
theirs a guy here with a orange type 6gen with an h22 how come he didnt reply here yet....u should ask him all ur questions and if i didnt have an auto i would swap an h22 asap

Hecz

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
After alot of thought and alittle research, Ive decided on a H22 swap instead of the K20 or B18. Now, Im wondering if anyone who's swaped an H22 into their 6th Gen is happy with the motor? I know theres plenty of aftermarket support for the motor, so that Im not worried about. I just dont want to swap it in, and end up hating it. Any input is greatly apprecaited. :thumbs up

dude, i own a 6gen H22 civic.
i can help you, lmk yuor ideas, questions, suggestions, ect..

Suanico

Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
if i was to swap that would be the exact motor i put in, its affordable for a complete swap $1900? less than $3000 installed and everything same horses as a gsr (dyno wise) but more torque, my homie had one in a 1990 accord and that f**ken thing would spank everyone, then he turboed it and it still spanked everyone, then another homie had one in a 94 accord and that s**t was so heavy and still was smoking b16 like nothing