apekd's slow build...56k....your safe....this time....>:|

apekd

-----Distracted you, huh?
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok ok, sorry honda22...but i just got home from work...and i got pics for you all...so far we have the dors and fenders done, the hatch needs a wet sand, and the roof is goin to get the wet sand, and then a respray of gloss black since my can crapped out and just sprayed clear for some reason....came out nice, but didnt like it kuz it bothered me..

fender without the trim piece in yet

fender on the car with the freshly painted trim...in flat black

heres the roof....you cant see it...but that damn clear just pisses me off!

heres the hatch before painted

yeah, thats how we role! taking homeless peoples pants and using it lol

HOLY COW BALLS BAT MAN! SOMEONE STOLE MY DOORS AND FENDERS! lol

really..this isnt me, if i were to paint any of this....it would look like s**t! The guy painting is my buddy Doug, makes 20 and hour flat rate (no taxes since its under the counter) and takes home about 300 a day....f**k i love this kid!

and finally i have a mock up for u of the door and fender, since i didnt take a picture of them on the car really lol

well guys...tell me how you like it....it has taken 3 days so far, and by 3 days i mean 12 hours lol....and a boss that was pissed at me from coming in late to work, just cuz i needed the extra sleep

but sadly, i cant work on her at all this weekend.....my girl and i r goin to the coast, and then staying at my sister in-laws beach house for our 3rd year ann. so catch u all later

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
looks good keep us updated bro!!

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Thanks Chaos!

Well college started up on monday, and i havent had time to do much. Started to pain the frame by taking EVERYTHING off, but then had to go to my cousins house about an hours drive away just to get my college books that i fogot there.....so i think next week i should have time to finish the body, then wet sand the roof, and then the hatch, and start the insides.....

Ill try to post up every other day about the progress

peace out guys

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
post some pics when you get the chance!

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
haha, yeah well im in school right now but ill snag my girls camera and go to the park and have hay day lol f**k man, im in a ford technition class....boring as f**k

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
haha i bet....so do you plan to do your rims pink as well?? along with the headlights?? what are all your plans for this??

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
wel i plan to buy pink HID's and then do the rims eitiher gun metal or pink....i think that the pink would be cool, but the gun metel would be sick as well....but im just trying to be different from the rest of the crowd. I also plan on tryin to fit on a VW rear lip and front lip as well. im trying to get the JDM skirts as well....and the rear suspension off of a 89 to 95 for the rear and then 88 to 91 EX front brakes and suspension. I was at a u pull it and they had the whole rear suspension for like 30 bucks and then the front i still need to find. But used to others is new to me, im not willing to throw out a lot of cash for parts since i have to pay for school. Also im trying to get an exhaust off of this EG hatch i found out there too...nice headers and then all i will need is the test pipe and the cat back. I was pissed to see that a f**king z6 head was liying on the ground in 2 pieces....... i could have used it but noooooo some ass holes had to break it...oh well...there was a first generation of the b20 engine there....good block but needed to have the head rebuilt....ill take pics the next time i go to snag parts...so until saturday...heres my update for the day lol

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
ok dude... its your car so do whatever you want of course, but I just have to say..

I REALLY miss my clean ass ef... i mean REALLY badly..
I look at your first pictures, of what appear to be rust-free quarter panels.. a think of beauty and rarity on that old honda.. many people would drive for hours to pick up a clean fourth gen with rust free quarters..

WHY ARE YOU TAKING A RATTLE CAN TO RANDOM ASS PARTS?!?!??!!? Unless something was totally mismatched, damaged, or rusted, then this has to be the dumbest thing you could do...
I dont know how it looked before, but it honestly looks like a beater now... im sorry man, hopefully it will get better..

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
actually kid, the paint had IFO, Industrial Fall Out, allo ver the red paint from when it sat for about 2 years in downtown portland by my old work. So i took it to school and looked at the paint with the magnifier and saw all the IFO. IFO pretty much f**ks up the paint and so when you go to wash the car it can tear the paint off.....and im not painting random parts fool, im painting the whole thing, and the rattle can paint im using is hella good paint, you can make huge ass runs and then when its dried, you would never see the runs. so if i kept the red paint, i would have a harder time to clean it anyways man. and to respray the red again would take about a day for a square foot because i would have to go down to bare metal and then primer it too...and besides, the green looks dope as f**k on it man

Yeah chaos, i would like to chrome the tiny ass lip that it has, but i dont know how really. I also would like to just like to see how the gun metal comes out...that would be dope....

and no update for today, i jus woke up and its hella hot out, and with no garage for the day, i think i wont get much done other than cleaning out the inside of the car haha

all go no show

Half Retarded
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
What do you mean about industrial fall out?? As in metal particles inbedded in the paint? Like rail dust? Or like an acid? Because metals can usually be claybarred out..

At least now you wont have to worry about "industrial fall out" messing up your green primer.

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
no there are 3 type of fall out, acid rain, the metal particulates, and theres also one type that deals with hazardous particulates from places like weld shops, and industrial finishing shops....the particulates actually stay on top of the paint and when you brush them off thy tear the clear coat off like its nothing....and when i washed it at my old work (hillcore machine) i watched it tear off the clear coat and the color coat...so thats when i painted the fenders becuase i couldnt do anything about the IFO. yesterday at school i took the magnifier for the IFO out to look at the green paint and the paint acutally blocked the IFO from sticking to the paint, and when i washed the fenders, the IFO litteraly went with the water and came off

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
ok so i took a picture of the paint im paintin the engine bay with....looks really good so far, and the green looks nice against the black too.

this is my udate for today Chaos lol, monday i should be getting the rear quarter panels done, and then start buying gloss to cover it all.....i wanted to keep it flat...but gloss just seems to be a better idea.....i want it to shine like no other, and look nice too haha

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
hey chaos, i think im doin the pink rims man....i found some good paint for it....haha neon pink....but i think ill keep on looking around for other brands....and im goin to paint gloss over the green now since my girl just scratched the s**t out of the door.....f**kin hate women right now:evil::evil:

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
thanks slowcivic, its nice to know people are looking at this haha....so i just talked to about 30 different guys asking if a crx si and a civic si cluster will plug right in and work, 29 said yes and 1 said im drunk leave me alone haha....so this week ill be looking for a cluster....figured out i run hella rich because my tachs sensor wire to the dizzy actually takes about 1-3 volts away from the coil, and the guy at my school said that that could be one of the reasons for it to run rich....after a full inspection he said that if i change the cluster and have the rpm gauge on there it should run better, and dumping that tach too haha

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
:banana:picked up the cluster and put it in today!:banana: took me about 10 minutes to take out the old one and put the new one in. About 10 minutes more to take out the old tach and re-wire a few things. also took some pics of how my ED sits right now, i was hoping to paint more the other day, but it rained, and then the day before that it was 100 and i couldnt find a place that was cool enough to house the hatch and paint at the same time.

looks like my roof is pretty dirty from goin into washington today just to get the cluster

anyways, hers to you Chaos, more pics just like you asked!

boosted_zc

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
man i like the idea of this car... should look sweet when its done.... only got one thing to comment on... those corner light.... get a clear on... the black(looks like paint) just dont look right.... other than that mad props for a build on a budget man

TiiM iiS l3eAsT

Scamming Piece Of s**t
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
damn that green is gonna look dope once its all painted!

neon pink rims ftw to!! hehehe......yea i would look into some honda HX wheels.....that way you can have more of a lip on them....

looking good though!!

apekd

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Yeah those corners were clear till one night my buddy and i got drunk and decided to paint stuff...so we painted about 6 or 7 sewer covers, and then decided that black corners would be "sick as f**k" lol, so im ordering amber corners really, i didnt like the clear that much.

Yeah im actually looking at a VW lip to put on it so give it a lower stance. I had to take a gas ass drunk test to start working at ford, i get there and i waited 4 hours, i guess they make you wait so you have to pee hella badly. but i start monday after school till like 7 or 8 just walking around and then closing the shop lol

and about them Pink rims, I CANT F@#KING WAIT!!!! i got guys at my college sayin haha looks like your car got f**ked up, but its funny concidering the guys who say it are the ones who drive the shitty ass camry and older than hell VW bugs that cant put put like tey use to.

By the way, Chaos, where do you think is a good place to pick up a single cam ZC motor? i love the DOHC ZC motors, but i want to keep it single cam and get my turbo rollin. Since ill be paying off school and the motor really, it might take some time, but i want to order it from a place that has experience with the ZC and other B and D series motors