apexi neo advice

linealuna-tic

5+ Year Member
Hey i have an ek9 with a full mugen system, skunk2 cams, spoon ecu, apexi intake etc. I also have a buddyclub v-con aswell but am tinkin bout changing it because it doesnt as far as i know change air/fuel ratio.

What i want to know is,
a, would the apexi neo the way to go.?
b, what increase in bhp would i be expecting.?
c, what would be the recommended point of vtec changeover for performance.?

Give me yer opinions and advice, im trying to educate myself before i get it and get it tuned. thanks

civic98turbo

I'm back ....
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
Hey i have an ek9 with a full mugen system, skunk2 cams, spoon ecu, apexi intake etc. I also have a buddyclub v-con aswell but am tinkin bout changing it because it doesnt as far as i know change air/fuel ratio.

What i want to know is,
a, would the apexi neo the way to go.?
b, what increase in bhp would i be expecting.?
c, what would be the recommended point of vtec changeover for performance.?

Give me yer opinions and advice, im trying to educate myself before i get it and get it tuned. thanks
in my personal opinion....a piggyback will not give you good gains with your setup...you need more tunability..with your cams you need something better such as hondata, crome, ect.

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
^^ agreed

i would get a fully programmable ecu. if you like apexi brand, the PowerFC with commander is a great unit. you are very limited with a piggyback system

linealuna-tic

5+ Year Member
What be the difference between the apexi neo and the fc..?? Why would you recommend gettin the fc..??

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
What be the difference between the apexi neo and the fc..?? Why would you recommend gettin the fc..??
the neo is a "piggyback" that simply manipulates the various sensors' inputs before they reach the ECU, so that it reacts a little different to each situation.

the FC is a full programmable ecu. you tune it specifically to your application, and it controls all aspects of your engine at every condition. its much more reliable than the neo could be for a modified engine

linealuna-tic

5+ Year Member
So like what you are sayin that the fc would be better because you can tune it to get the best out of the engine..?? As in if got a different intake or bigger injectors i can tune it to get the most of it..?? Is vtec changeover adjustable..?? Would it have potential to improve the bhp depending on the mods..??

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
So like what you are sayin that the fc would be better because you can tune it to get the best out of the engine..?? As in if got a different intake or bigger injectors i can tune it to get the most of it..?? Is vtec changeover adjustable..?? Would it have potential to improve the bhp depending on the mods..??
yes

linealuna-tic

5+ Year Member
Does the the apexi hook up to the ecu or replace it..?? I have a spoon ecu will it still have a purpose being there..??

Billy.

Has returned ;-)
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Does the the apexi hook up to the ecu or replace it..?? I have a spoon ecu will it still have a purpose being there..??
is it a programmed ecu for a specific setup? if so, i would sell it and get a programmable ecu. those spoon ecu's are usually mapped for a specific motor setup, and non-adjustable. if you get an apexi ecu it will replace the spoon ecu

got traction

i rock the sohc
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
id get a p28 and have the ctr map loaded on it via hondata