are coilover sleeves any good?

x LJ x

100% HondaHead
like the skunk2 coilover sleeves? or the ground control sleeve kit ? has anybody had experience with these and how is the ride like ? or is saving the money for full coilovers the best choice ? thanks in advance for info

civic49

those r good coils...but u cant use them with your stock struts becuz they will blow

genobee

5+ Year Member
ground controls are pretty good. but it all depends on what shock you match them with. if your trying to improve comfort, the first place you look at is your tires.

x LJ x

100% HondaHead
which is the best aftermarket shocks that go with these sleeves ?

95coupeWI

Registered VIP
you want to try and match your brands, both make struts that will match the sleeves. but Koni is a good brand, Tokico etc..

JDMchula

c0up3 stAY Fr3SH
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
i have skunk 2 sleeves but u need shock. stock ones wont do.

civexspeedy

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
like the skunk2 coilover sleeves? or the ground control sleeve kit ? has anybody had experience with these and how is the ride like ? or is saving the money for full coilovers the best choice ? thanks in advance for info
Ground-Control is probably the most widely used and most popular sleeve type coilover to use. Tried and proven over and over again. Get them.

As for ride quality, that depends greatly on your choise of spring rate, shocks, how low you go and what you plan on using the car for. Do your research before buying anything.

Ground-Controls with Koni's is probably the best setup you could get, esp when it's only around $800. It'll be the best money you'll spend. Not to mention life time warranty on them.

usafdad120108

Just go with some F&F type 1's thats what I have on mine I promise you wont regret it.....best thing I ever did to my civic