Are Turbo Gauges $1,000????

edhgreatone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
I've looked at all the priced an was suprised how expensive these little meters are. Are there any cheaper? Or are these good prices??? These prices are from modacar.com

-$296.00 EGT Gauge
-$195.00 Engine Oil Pressure
-$189.00 Boost Gauge
-$189.00 Fuel Pressure
-$69.00 Full Pillar Mount Pods (dual)
-$70.00 Gauge Cluster Insert

Also what exactly does an EGT gauge measure. I'm pretty sure it measures the temperature but i don't know of what?

RacerAce6

Jus' Tryin' 2 Learn
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
i think thats way too expensive unless theyre made for an F1 car and are lighter than air, do you know what brand they are, like auto meter or faze or something?

RacerAce6

Jus' Tryin' 2 Learn
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the cobalt series by autometer? id still say go with faze, they are indiglo and look good, you can also get a color morpher to give you 5 shades from blue to green.

edhgreatone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
yea... i found some cheaper ones from overboost.com though but this is still going to be a little pricey..... is the installation hard what kind of places can instal these things..... also does EGT stand for exhaust temp gauge

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
the cobalts are alllll overpriced, atleast for autometer quality and accuracy. if you are going to spend tht much money, get defi of greddy gauges. they are way more accurate than the autometers. faze=gay

banzai

Exit Speed Garage
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
faze is trash, just another stupid Kragen brand thing. Gauge prices depend on wether or not they are electronically controlled gauges, or liquid something or other...I know one is way more expensive than the other...I have the Sport Comp series by autometer, and they work great

SeanMc300

professional a*****e
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
electric boost guages arent worth it. fuel pressure...ummm not needed. id get the guage pods that you can mount anywhere before wasting money of teh gay pillar pod and guage pod thingee. 12 bucks for each guage pod that you can mount anywhere.

edhgreatone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so what gauges are essential for having a turbo? boost gauge? and egt guage? i also want a turbo timer

Soichiro-Honda

5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You want a gauge to tell you something else or what the f**k is happening inside your engine?
He says electric boost gauge...... The guage works off of boost.
Things cost money. there not supposed to be 10 dollars each.

Sound Streamin'

Boost or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
You need a mechanical boost gauge, air/fuel mixture gauge, oil pressure gauge, oil temp gauge, water temp gauge, fuel pressure gauge. In my 3 place pod I have my Boost gauge, my oil pressure gauge, and my water temp gauge. The water temp gauge isnt all that important because you have one in your gauge cluster.. I just got it to fill the third hole. I also have a digital PLX air/fuel gauge that is accurate to .01. Just get a fuel pressure regulator with a gauge on it and that takes care of that.

What you really need is the boost gauge, the air/fuel pressure gauge, and the oil pressure gauge. The more the better though.

To answer your 1000 doller question, I paid arounf 50-60 bucks for the 3 Auto-meter carbon gauges on ebay. The air/fuel ratio gauges was 329, but worth every penny. Since the fuel pressure gauges is attached to the fuel pressure regulator, I dont count it.

Last edited:

Sound Streamin'

Boost or Die
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
There are 6 gauges total, but really only the boost, the air/fuel, and the oil pressure are needed. After that it's oil temp, fuel pressure and water temp. For the average turbo application, all 6 is overkill.. So really the first three are the only "must haves". I have 5 :/

edhgreatone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
so why is it that people say you only need oil and fuel pressure.... and boost and egt?

anfrey

OG スバリスト
Registered VIP
Registered OG
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
EGT is a handy guage to have

Noeladams

Keyboard Cowboy
Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
edhgreatone said:
I've looked at all the priced an was suprised how expensive these little meters are. Are there any cheaper? Or are these good prices??? These prices are from modacar.com

-$296.00 EGT Gauge
-$195.00 Engine Oil Pressure
-$189.00 Boost Gauge
-$189.00 Fuel Pressure
-$69.00 Full Pillar Mount Pods (dual)
-$70.00 Gauge Cluster Insert

Also what exactly does an EGT gauge measure. I'm pretty sure it measures the temperature but i don't know of what?

Dang man look up ebay,,,,,,,,,, I would never pay 200 for a oil guage. Bet ebay has the same ones cheaper

edhgreatone

Registered VIP
5+ Year Member
10+ Year Member
alright i understand the gauges now and what they measure...... but would the money for installation be really high because of all the wiring they have to do or is it pretty simple...?